Sunday, January 3, 2010

Review- Avalon Organics Rosemary Shampoo and Conditioner

This shampoo volumizes and gently cleanses hair and scalp, as strengthening wheat protein builds body for fuller, healthier-looking hair.

I sigh as I write this review. I strongly and fully endorse most products from Avalon Organics, except this one. If you can use an inexpensive organic and all natural product, please buy it, thus please buy Avalon Organics..... Only my hair has never felt as dull and limp as it has after using this shampoo/conditioner duo. The review has to be the combination of the two because I honestly tried one without the other and I had no better results that way. Perhaps my scalp just doesn't like rosemary or something, but my hair doesn't like it at all! I like the smell a lot. I like how the conditioner works very much, but the "whey proteins" just weren't doing it for me. If you are looking for a volumizing shampoo and conditioner, unfortunately, you are going to have to look somewhere else.....

Trish says: Crazy, I had the same reaction as Deedlejuse with the Avalon Organics Rosemary shampoo and conditioner. My hair became so completely flat and lifeless, I thought I was doing something wrong. I even propped it up with additional volumizing products afterwards, hoping to make the shampoo and conditioner work on the side...One positive though is that my hair did smell super natural and organic and fresh and earthy, which is pleasing. Also, my hair seemed cleaner overall after the rinse, with little to no product build-up, but the volumizing part seemed to be amiss for me as well. I would try another Avalon product in the future, because I really do appreciate natural and organic products in general, but the Rosemary shampoo and conditioner didn't quite add the right body and texture that my hair so desperately needs and crave. Still on the lookout.

No comments: