Saturday, September 19, 2009

Review- Cosmedicine Honest Face Tint & Treatment for Fair Skin SPF 20 Moisturizer

"Honest Face Tint & Treatment for Fair Skin with SPF 20 is a skin perfecting tinted moisturizer that improves skin quality and provides SPF 20 UVA/UVB protection and antioxidants. Honest Face comes in four wearable shades and the the coverage is buildable. Honest Face for fair skin, the no BS tint & treatment cream." $35 for 1.35 oz.

This is a lovely product although a bit on the light side for my complexion which is categorized as "fair" by most. The texture is creamy and soft and the coverage suffices. The SPF is, as always, wonderful and a wonderfully conscious addition to a tinted moisturizer that allows you to combine several steps into one, if you like. It's loaded with antioxidants that aren't run-of-the-mill either, they're the ones that allegedly fight free radicals from sun damage plus there's caffeine in it which not enough products use to their advantage, imo. I would easily skip SPF and moisturizer in any season other than summer and reach for this instead.

Deedlejuse says: I also have this product in Fair, and as with Josephine, I am generally considered a fair complexion, even on the light side. This tint is extremely fair, and I found just too light for me. Perhaps in the months ahead when my marginal tan goes away I might be able to work with it more. I also found that though it was creamy, and worked well as a moisturizer I didn't get even the slightest coverage with it (although normally tints are my thing) I think it might be because it was too light for me though. I think all in all if you are purchasing this off a website go a level beyond what you might normally think of yourself, and be prepared to use some concealer, even if you don't have to normally. The combination of the "Mega-Boost" and the Honest Face was really nice feeling, and did help with some problem spots, but I kind of wish that they had left the tint out. Its a great product, but the color is a difficult choice.

Melissa says: I received the dark skin color and love it.I found that it blends in really well and feels light on. It's usually hard for me to find something that matches my skin color but with a little playing around, I'm good to go! It also gives a natural look while moisturizing. Plus, it has SPF 20 which is just wonderful! I was kind of hesitant because I stick to my normal, powder, but Honest Face is just what I need. I've also been using the other Cosmedicine products and am a big fan of the line.

No comments: