Sunday, September 27, 2009

Review- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

This multi award-winning, concentrated cleanser quickly removes everyday grime and make-up, including stubborn mascara, to leave all skin types soft, smooth and radiant. $9 - $43. Different websites to order from in different countries.

I am a woman who varies her face cleansing routine greatly. Sometimes I use make-up wipes, sometimes a foaming cleanser, cream wipe off cleansers or simply water with a microfiber cloth. To that end I was totally open minded when I got to try Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Cleanser. It's very unique (in a great way). You apply a pump of the thickish cream all over your dry face, heat up one of the enclosed muslin facecloths under hot water, wring it out so it's not dripping, then wipe off all the cleanser. What comes off is all of your dirt and make-up. What doesn't is the natural moisture in your skin. You finish off with a warm (not hot) rinse and your face will be glowing. Now you ladies with oily skin who are cringing at the thought of a cream cleanser- don't. I had the privilege of meeting Liz Earle (who is just as nice as can be) and I asked her what is the #1 product she recommends to prevent pimples and she surprisingly said this cleanser. It's good for every skin type and exfoliates according to your preference. If you want heavy exfoliation, you go over your face more with the muslin cloth. I absolutely love it. I've never broken out from it and it treats my dry skin with care. It even takes off eye makeup! Since there are so many price points to choose from (you can get a generous travel sized for $9 with the muslin cloth), it's convenient to give it a try for yourself. I have actually loved all of the Liz Earle products I've tried right down to the foot scrub.

Amanda S. Says: I first saw this and thought, really? I mean, I'm one lazy girl. And now I have this fancy cloth I have to use and then clean off? I gave this a try and I have to admit, I love the texture of the cream cleanser. I've used a few before (I'm more prone to use very basic non-cream ones) and they felt weird and heavy. But this is pretty clean stuff that goes on thick but comes off instantly with the cool cloth thing. It really did remove my eye make up and I was seriously laying it on the other day testing out all these shadows I'd gotten in new colors. It came off instantly! And yea, the cloth was pretty easy to rinse off (I soaked it for a minute in hand soap and hung it to dry).


Malikah Says: I was totally with Amanda thinking the 2 step system would take way too much time. I use so many products on a daily basis, I try to keep each step in my beauty regime as simple as possible. Having combination/oily skin, I was terrified of the rich cream, but was pleasantly surprised at how easily it removed all the makeup and summer city grime from my face. The muslin cloth exfoliated really gently, and the cleanser's eucalyptus and rosemary extracts left my skin feeling rejuvenated. I love it, love it, love it, especially since it took the same amount of time as my usual cleansing routine.

Sultana says: Wow! Liz Earle is one smart woman! What an idea, what a concept! This cleanser is like a facial in a bottle! Only a woman could think of something this great. I had no preconceived notions going into this, I just wanted to try this right away. It was a really nice experience. I started looking at the ingredients and I noticed it had cocoa butter in it. I love cocoa butter but alone, it is too heavy for my face. I have oily skin and even though this is a substantial cream, it does NOT leave your face feeling greasy. What you get is an instant glow and a very refined surface. My face felt so smooth after I used this.
The muslin cloth is wonderful. Its amazing when you see all the dirt & grime that comes off onto the cloth. It shows that it is working. Normally cleansers I use don't always remove all my mascara but this time it was all gone. It was so surprising because I use a lot of mascara. I had a hard time cleaning off the cloth but I guess that is why it comes with more than one. You can only use it so many times.

Trish says: Fans of moisturizing cleansers rejoice! This is such a gentle and easy cleanser to use from the muslin cloth to the texture of the cream, your skin will absolutely feel nurtured and pampered with it, considering after a long and taxing day this is an especially welcoming experience! The subtle hints of eucalyptus, rosemary, and chamomile really put you in the most relaxing mood ever and you just know that your skin is being treated with expert care as well. I agree with everyone, after a nice and cleansing wash, my skin had a nice and healthy radiant shine to it. The whole experience is full of pampering and relaxation, which is just the gentle finish wanted after a long day. Your skin will glow with joy and your mind at much more ease. Expect to feel pampered and nurtured from using this!

Josephine says: I am with you, my sisters. I am IN LOVE with this whole ritualized experience. I have long thought (not to mention argued to my respective bedfellow) that a woman's bathroom routine at the end of a long day is sacred. Clearly, Liz Earle feels the same way! The muslin, which I was at first a little suspicious of, is divine. I love using it and systematically wiping down my face while enjoying a surprisingly sensual encounter. The cream cleanser smells vaguely of eucalyptus and/or rosemary and it subtly exfoliates--or wait! Maybe that's the muslin. Seamless. That's what I am talking about. I wholeheartedly recommend this cleansing routine.

Using the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser has been such a treat because it feels like a mini spa getaway. The cream is thick and gives me a nice coat on my face. Plus, a little goes a long way. When I add warm water and put it on, it feels heavenly. I can feel and smell the refreshing eucalyptus oil and it's nice and soothing, probably from the chamomile too. Phase 2 requires you to use their muslin polishing cloth. It has a bit of grainy texture so it gently exfoliates your skin. I’ve used the cream for a few weeks now and can feel the difference. It also does a nice job of taking off my make up without stripping my face or leaving it dry. So really, it's a great all in one cleanser, polish and make up remover and hydrating cream!


Deedlejuse Says: Have you ever come home from work and your face just felt like it desperately needed some love? Like all crusty and tired, and your positive that your pores are super clogged with whatever nastiness you have been dealing with all day? Well that's the kid of feeling you can completely get rid of with this fantastic cleansing system. I have to say, my skin is sooooo happy, moisturised, and refreshed after using this system. My favorite part is that your eye make up completely comes off with the fantastic muslin cloth. I love the smell of the cleanser, and you might not even need to use a moisturizer every time after you cleanse! Seriously, if you are looking for wonderful natur-inspired products look no farther than Liz Earle, all of her products are aromatherapy packed, and super effective(and so worth your dollar!) Great product!

Movie Maven says: This cleanser, a thick cream that you apply to dry skin, then "polish" off with the included muslin cloth, is fast becoming one of my favorites. It left my skin soft, but not oily, and I did see mild improvement in my problem skin after using it for about a week and a half (which is about as much as you can get out of the little tube in the try-me kit). It did claim to remove even "tough mascara," which I didn't see happening, but it's definitely a nice product for teens (or women whose faces think they are teens).

No comments: