Thursday, April 30, 2009

Review - Pur Minerals Pur Rocks

Add depth, dimension and drama to your look with pressed, micronized minerals in a unique, 3-dimensional design! Multi-tasking Pur Rocks enhance and brighten eyes, lips and cheeks with a dose of luminous colour. Vibrant, organic jewel tones of garnet and pink zircon capture the splendor of a desert sunset, illuminating the face with shimmering, rosy undertones. Pur Minerals does NOT test its products on animals.

I looked at this product and thought.... oh no... it's much to dark, and MUCH too ruddy for my skin. I have an olive complexion that is a little on the pale side, reds can do me a serious injustice with even the slightest inclination. But I should have known, because I love *every single other* pur mineral product, this one is really fantastic too. You can get amazing color, trust me, completely natural also. If you have sensitive skin on top of needing color and not wanting to wantonly lie in the sun or apply weird skin dying sprays, this product will be great for you. It's so easy to put on with any standard blush brush (but I do recommend investing in a nice one anyway, for the long haul.).

Deedlejuse Says:
I have to completely agree with Amanda S on this one. I love this stuff. It is more like a bronzer than a blush for me, I have blond hair and very pale skin and these Pur Rocks are just the thing for a beautiful glow without being too much . It goes on quite sheer as long as you are careful. I actually prefer to use my larger powder brush to increase the area I cover and use it as an all over sort of look. It stays forever and it doesn't seem like I have used any, even though I use it all the time. This is really nice color, and it sounds like it works well with many complexions!


CitySlickers Says:

I really can't agree more with Amanda & Deedlejuse. The instant I saw the color I wanted to run for the hills. I was thinking that it was going to look like streaks on my cheeks. Since I am pale some bronzers and blushes just don't work.. I gave this a try on a weekend and have been using since. It goes on smooth and lightly without being heavy handed. Pur Rocks really gives me a warm healthy glow that doesn't have too much iridescence. It's really great and fun to use.. I wish that it was more portable but you can't get it all. I found that it works really well with a big blush dusting brush a swipe over the cheeks then a swirl all over and done.. I also have to say, I love the look in the container..

No comments: