Monday, April 13, 2009

Review- e.l.f. Brightening Eye Color Quad


Luxuriously smooth, corn silk formula provides eyes with a neutral base and an awakened brightness. The formula blends into skin for a long lasting, beautiful effect. The 4 color quad allows for both natural and dramatic looks. Mirror in compact included. $1

Ok, so this eyeshadow quad (we're talking 4 colors here)is $1, glides on beautifully AND I got 2 separate compliments on the colors? What strange planet have I landed on? The combo I got is called "Butternut" and while it wouldn't match everyone, it is a perfect fit for me. It is a yellow, a salmon/orange (not orange-orange), a light chocolate brown and a dark brown. They all have a bit of shimmer to them but with these shades, the shimmer seems almost natural. In no way overdone. I didn't use the sponge applicator included (it's a little small) but had great success applying it with an eyeshadow brush. I put it on about 8 hours ago and where I won't say it hasn't faded at all, it still looks reasonably in place and decent (mind you I didn't use a shadow primer). There are 9 quad combinations to choose from, and I'm sure if you look you'll find something that piques your interest. So what are you waiting for? Click the link above and spend that dollar burning a hole in your pocket!

Deedlejuse Says: I feel like a broken record but.... ahhh..... all that Hillary says and more! My complexion is quite different from Hillary, we are both pale, but I am blond with a rosy (ok, pink) undertone to my skin. I believe I got the same "Butternut" compact and it is to die for on my skin. Super understated and just really lovely. The lighter colors are great for highlighting and the darker browns add a great "pop" to my lids. I am 100% satisfied with my $1 eyeshadow, even Wet 'N Wild can't compare to this amazing line. I love it!

Amanda S. Says: I can't believe this is $1. Seriously. I just went to the drug store and decided to compare the prices, and they ranged from $5 to $12. And we're talking for items that are, at times, of WAY lesser value and usefulness. I love these colors and it's amazing how well this stayed on. It was 90 degrees here yesterday, and me, Amanda the compulsive eye-rubber, wore three shades of this amazing quad and it lasted.. from 6 am when I applied it until 8 pm when I returned home and washed it off. !!!!!

No comments: