Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Review - e.l.f Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15


This Super Glossy SPF 15 formula fights environmental damage while leaving your lips with a healthy glossy glow. The delicious flavor and sweet scent will leave you licking your lips in delight! The perfect on the go tube that is mess proof for anywhere and anytime!
*The color Angel does not include SPF 15

I have to rave. I am completely serious, this is the best lip gloss ever!!!!! I have the shade Angel, which actually does not include SPF, but is perfectly pretty, shimmery, and glossy. I have worn it by itself for the glossy effect, and also over other lipsticks. My favorite look so far is over the Lip Ink shade Venusian Flesh. You will have to reapply every so often, but still this gloss is wonderful. It is moisturizing but not super thick and sticky like some glosses can be. The flavor is surprisingly grape, I only say surprisingly because I didn't think I was a grape girl until I got this gloss. The best part? It will cost you less than your morning coffee!!! A whole buck. I didn't think this was possible, but apparently elf Cosmetics are where I should have been shopping for the last five years. Also one should know that you will receive free shipping with any order over $75, but you could probably beautify a small army with that amount from elf! I totally love this company!

CitySlicker Says: I have this in Candlelight. It's a pretty peachy gold tone.. On my lips it's more of a nude peach. I love the consistency of the lip shine.. It's a cross between a cream lipstick and a gloss.. It's not tacky or sticky in the least. It wears a little fast on my lips. I I do have to reapply a couple of times throughout the day but honestly, not a problem with you are paying a smooth 4 quarters! I also haven't noticed that my lips are drying out and that can happen for me with some lippes.. There is a great color selection also well worth a gander. The one draw back for me is the heavy scent. It's vanilla grape which isn't the most delightful scent out there. I can grin and bare it since the product is that good. I will be purchasing more of these.. This is the perfect portable line so if you lose something it's not like it's the end of the world..

Amanda S. Says: Ahhh, my purse. The bottomless faux leather pit that steals cell phones, quarters, and make up. I apply lip gloss and chapsticks like it's going out of style, and I am much too busy/lazy to rezip them into my make up bag every time I whip them out to reapply. Thus, I LOSE them mercilessly, and they're not cheap. Well, until now. E.L.F. did a great job with this little number, especially the array of colors I checked out. I used "pink kiss" and all other glosses have slid sadly to the bottom crevices of the purse waiting for the day that this one runs out.

No comments: