Thursday, April 9, 2009

Review - e.l.f. Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush


This unique three-in-one brush allows for precision application of blush, bronzer, and all other multipurpose dusts and loose powders. $1

I must begin with the fact that I would put up with a lot less for $1, if I had to. So all in all it is a very good deal, and if you can't afford a nicer blush brush, or are using this for travel then go to it! It is great in that regard, but it really doesn't stand up to even a minimal upgrade in my opinion. At least the one I got the bristles were all uneven and very coarse/uncomfortable ( but I do have rather sensitive skin). It is versatile because it is a very usable size, slightly larger than my normal blush brush but slightly smaller than my powder brush. I would say it is perfect for travel, when there isn't a huge amount of space, and you won't cry too much if you loose it.
I just had trouble with the very coarse bristles blending bronzer onto my skin, it left it sort of splotchy and uneven. Of course that could have been technique, but I don't usually have such an issue so I doubt it. On the e.l.f. site the reviews gave this Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush four out of five stars, I would probably give it a three.

Movie Maven says: You may have read my other posts singing the praises of e.l.f., the best discount line ever. But, just like that time I suddenly realized that the guy I was crushing on was super gay, the veil has now been lifted. e.l.f. is not all unicorns and rainbows, ladies. Their downfall: brushes. The short version is: don't buy their brushes. Brushes are, as my mom likes to say about sensible shoes, "an investment." Get the right ones and treat them nicely and they will last you a long, long time. e.l.f. brushes are more like the turquoise patent leather spike heels you buy on sale at Strawberry because they look SO PERFECT with that one outfit, and then you wear them once and the heel falls off. Because that is actually what happened with my e.l.f. brush. The handle just fell off, appropos of nothing, as soon as I removed it from its packaging. I tried to give it the old college try by gluing it back together, but like those $13 turquoise heels, the brush could not be salvaged. Go nuts with their cosmetics...but if you want to apply them, try something else.

Hillary says: I just read Maven's review and I'm shocked. I am so happy with my e.l.f. brushes! Ok, to be fair, this blush and bronzer brush is not my favorite of the brushes- that honor goes to their flat eyeliner brush. The eyeliner brush is the absolute perfect firmness for applying gel and cream eyeliners. This blush brush is just a little too small (brush head wise) and a little too wiry for my taste. But see my review later of the eyeshadow brush, because I like that one too. I still have a purpose for this one, because it's fine for all over color, but I'd steer clear of using it for blush.


Sheba says I have been overwhelmed by all the other products for their prices. The blush brush is a more than decent brush and I use it as a take-along for any emergency fix ups. Well, you know what -- I was being a snob. I didn't really think it compared to my other blush brushes. I admit it -- I was wrong. I just started using it on a daily basis and was very pleasantly surprised. I am going to invest in several more of them. I am not saying that this brush is the best -- but it is actually up there with some of my better ones. Let me add that I paid a lot more for the worst of them!! Actually this brush is a lot better than some of the much more expensive brushes I have. So I defintely am a happy camper with my e.l.f. Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush.

No comments: