Saturday, April 18, 2009

Review - Dex New York Mineral Tinted Hydrator


Clinically engineered to multi-task as a foundation, sunscreen (SPF 20) and anti-oxidant lotion. This ultra-sheer cream features an extra boost – our Multi-Mineral Complex of Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Lysine and other vital elements. Potent antioxidants, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, and Vitamins A and E, Protect against free radical damage while moisturizing skin. Glides on effortlessly to create a water-resistant veil of natural looking coverage.

Hmmm... What can I say about this Hydrator? Oh, I know: GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND ORDER SOME NOW!!! I know that sounds extreme, but seriously it's on sale, it's completely awesome for people (like me) who don't need a whole lot of coverage but could use a little bit of help, and it's sunblock! No, I don't think you can get a whole lot better than that. I have TH-01 which is the palest, I am quite pale and it seems to me that it makes me sort of look sun-kissed. It is quite moisturizing, and I can wear it without another cream underneath. My favorite part is that it comes off easily at the end of the day with very little residue. We'll just say that I am VERY pleased with this Tinted Hydrator.

Hillary says: On an average day when I'm not going anywhere in particular, I use a tinted moisturizer as opposed to a full coverage foundation. This one from Dex is an excellent one. It goes on smoothly and offers light to light/medium coverage. I have it in the color Sagaponac which is just right for my very light skin tone. It has a bunch of good-for-your-skin ingredients such as Retinyl Palmitate (a retinoid) and Vitamin E (listed as Tocopheryl Acetate). Of course I love the fact that it contains SPF 20 which comes from sources which block both UVA and UVB well. Since I choose not to tan even in summer, this is going to be one of my "go to" products in the coming months. Just one pump of this Hydrator covers my whole face and despite the fact that it is a moisturizer, it doesn't make me look shiny at all.
I wonder if the Ginkgo Biloba in it will improve my skin's memory? Maybe it will remember how to act 20 again!

No comments: