Friday, April 24, 2009

Review - Nubar Nail Lacquer


Nubar Nail Lacquer -- available for around $6.99 and up @ various locations

Okay, I have Nubar Nail Lacquer in Muscato. It is a very rich, dark purple or plum. It is not a color I would normally wear but I did want to test it out. So I applied it and it went on very evenly and smoothly. Actually, one coat did not appear as dark as it is in the bottle and is very pretty on. Of course, you may prefer the darker tone and you would simply add another coat or two. Once I realized how nice it looked I wanted to see how it wore -- and it stayed for several days with no chips. I am typing and using a calculator most of the day and it held up very well. Now that I have used it and saw just how pretty it is on -- I will be using this Muscato more often. It has found a place in my beauty arsenal as it is very pretty and wears very well for a pretty decent price.


Deedlejuse Says:

I feel terrible, I had a very different experience from Sheba with this Nail Lacquer. I will prompt this review with the fact that I am notoriously hard on my nails, well my hands in general. I also work with perfume oils, which might cause some of the almost instantaneous erosion. I got this Lacquer in the prettiest shade "Barbera" it is in the vineyard collection. It is just stunning, really, and I'm not one for reds of any kind, but this is like a very cool red. Perfect for my super-pale complexion. If that color is not for you there are about a thousand others you can choose from, I have no doubt that even the pickiest of us will be able to find a color from Nubar! It definitely applied nicely, and even dried really quickly. I used two coats and a top coat. It lasted less than one day before it was literally peeling off my fingers. Again perhaps I am a super-nail lacquer-eating master or something, but I was not impressed with the longevity of this lacquer. In it's defence I did apply to my toenails, and that has lasted mare than a week so far, so there is hope for those of you who don't eat nail polish for breakfast!

Amanda S. Says: I'm taking the middle road here, although I have used polishes that have lasted a little longer, the Nubar brand still has great value in other ways for me. Here are my added thoughts to those above: (1) I love the intensity of the colors, they are so rich and have such depth, I honestly haven't found these strong of colors elsewhere, (2) the polish went on heavy, it didn't streak and go thin in places, or require many many layers to cover (3) it stood up to 2 days of intense and obnoxious abuse by me cleaning and stumbling around my art studio trying to straighten up. All in all, I will be honest, I am going to buy Nubar polishes sometimes because it's worth it for the colors and the quick application and drying process. But if you need a polish that is going to last an entire week, this may not be your best bet.

No comments: