Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Review - e.l.f. Eye Shadow Brush


Specially sheered brush tip absorbs the perfect amount of eye shadow and provides long lasting color saturation. $1.00
.
I know that others weren't too keen on the blush brush.. I think they E.L.F. is redeemed with their eye shadow brush.. I really like it.. I have my share of brushes from ridiculously expensive to moderately priced. I have been using only this for over a week and so far so good. It gently picks up the shadow and spreads evenly and smoothly.. I find this works really well in the crease.. I think it feels like it's well made and will last.. All in all if you are a brush snob then this is perfect to pack in your weekender and won't be sad if it's lost.. I will re buy this one if I lose it or it falls apart. I also haven't noticed lose hair either..

Deedlejuse Says: I have to completely agree with Cityslicker, and I was the original hater on the blush brush. All in all I also couldn't be happier with this brush. It is awesome! I think it is well made for the price, the bristles are not too stiff or too wimpy, and it really does pick up eyeshadow well. I have used it with both hard packed shadow and the loose stuff and I am happy on both fronts. This brush reaffirms my true love for this company, the perfect place for people without a lot of dough! You will not be disappointed with this brush, I promise.

Amanda S. Says: I agree also! I pulled this brush out of my bag just in time to test it with a new quad of ultra dark monochromatic eye shadows I picked up to attempt that smoldering smokey eyed mystery girl look I'm always seeking. I was really petrified of walking out of the bathroom looking more raccoon/panda than mystery woman, but not only was I an all around success in my quest, but the brush worked so well. It's light and gentle and blended even the hardest super dark colors with light well. And so cheap!

Hillary says: I'm a little obsessed with brushes, especially eyeshadow brushes. I'm like the Imelda Marcos of eyeshadow brushes. If I didn't think I'd need to have a psych evaluation because of it, I'd have a brush for every color of eyeshadow I've got. And now I've found a way to make my excessive dream a reality- $1 quality brushes from e.l.f.! I actually find myself reaching for this brush instead of my Armani brush. It's got a great bristle density, it's not too firm, not to soft and it picks up color beautifully. It's bristles are on the short side but they are long enough to be fluid and the head is generously sized but small enough to use to apply multiple colors on one lid. Unfortunately for my wallet, the more e.l.f. I try, the more e.l.f. I want. My list is getting ridiculous!

No comments: