Monday, June 1, 2009

Review- Privé Concept Vert Rejuvenating Shampoo & Conditioner

Now you don't have to sacrifice quality, performance or results in order to do your part for the planet. Introducing the revolutionary eco-design of Privé Concept Vert Rejuvenating Pure Shampoo and Conditioner, developed with Thoughtful Planet Technologies, for a product that is planet friendly in every possible way. With our color safe formulas, there are no trade-offs, just gloriously replenished and strengthened youthful hair, full of healthy body and luminous shine. For a list of salons near you that carry Concept Vert, please visit Priveproducts.com (link above) and click on "Contact Us". Make sure that the salon has a little CV next to it to insure they carry this particular line. Shampoo $28, Conditioner $30

We get to try a lot of products around here, but every once in a while we get to test something that becomes something people refer to as an HG (Holy Grail) product. This shampoo and conditioner have definitely attained Holy Grail status for me. I was in love with the concept before I even saw the shampoo and conditioner. The packaging isn't merely recyclable, you can actually bring it back to the salon you got it from, they send it back to the manufacturer who santizes and refills it so it can go back to the salon and start it's life cycle all over again. No waste whatsoever! That fact alone had an eco-nut like myself chomping at the bit to try them. Well now I've tried them and in addition to being eco-friendly, the products inside the bottles are wonderful. I'm not even being biased because of the recycling factor. They are in pump bottles that release the shampoo and conditioner as thick foams. You only have to press the pump for a second to do your whole head (and I have long hair). The smell is so good that if they came out with a perfume of it, I would buy it. And here are some other wonderful features:
  • They are Sulfate and Paraben free (also free of a lot of other things you don't want in your haircare, but it's too long to list)
  • They are good for both dry and oily scalps (my hair is dry and they conditioned my hair perfectly)
  • The 6.7 Fl. Oz. Bottle yields as much as a 13 Oz. bottle of regular shampoo, saving on transportation emissions due to it's smaller size. Just for reference, most of the salon brand shampoos and conditioners I have in my shower are 8 Fl. Oz.

I could go on and on about this wonderful combo. It lathers well, your hair feels really clean when you wash it (without being a tangled mess) and then it feels fully conditioned and detangled once you've done the second step. I will definitely be buying this shampoo and conditioner again and again and I can't wait to see what they release next in this innovative line. It may seem a little pricey, but considering the amount you have to use, I'd say that these bottles will last me twice as long as most of my other salon haircare. And yes, I will definitely be bringing my bottles back to the salon for re-use. Every little bit helps!

No comments: