Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Review- Arrojo Daily Face Wash


To freshen, clean, and hydrate. Gentle, beautifying moisture beads leave skin soft and smooth. Essential minerals detoxify, strengthen skin, and increase collagen and elastin production. Scented with a blend of bergamot, daisies and white cedar wood fragrance.

I love the Arrojo shower gel, it smells so great. I also love the shampoo and conditioner, which I'll be reviewing later on. This facial cleanser is the same, it's delicious smelling and looks really cool (it's pink with neat moisture beads floating in it). I also love the fact that the entire line has that clean crisp minimalist look to it with the straight up looking labels and fonts. It's a nice different look compared to a lot of bells and whistles you find with other packaging. So I went into using this cleanser hoping for the greatness and fun of the other Arrojo items I've used. Sadly, like the label said, I tried to lather, and it just didn't lather. Perplexed, I tried again later, with more water and more product, but strangely... no lather again? It smelled great, looked cool, but I couldn't seem to get it to lather up, and consequently I couldn't tell exactly where it was on my face and where it wasn't, and my skin didn't feel so clean afterward. I gave it a week of twice daily use anyway, figuring, I must be missing something right? But I just didn't find anything spectacular about it.

Josephine adds: I'm actually pretty into this product. I have used it at least once a day for the last two weeks and counting. True to what Amanda says, it doesn't exactly get sudsy but the flip-side is that I never walk away from the sink feeling like I have scotchtaped my face a la Pee-Wee Herman during his "Big Adventure." Additionally, the moisture beads take me back to 1991 when that technology was fiercely cutting edge. One final note, the Arrojo line has built their empire on four tenets and one of them is the meticulously culled scents of their individual products. The facial wash is no exception as this is a remarkably pleasurable scent.

Deedlejuse Says: I'm also going to agree with the people above. It doesn't lather, which is confusing since the label totally says "work into a lather" or something to that regard. But, none the less, I am completely thrilled with this face wash. It smells pretty, like a soapy floral, and really works into my skin so that I feel completely fresh and vibrant. I think I tend to use too much, because it is really easy to squirt a bunch out because of the packaging. There is a lot in the bottle, however, so I am planning on it lasting a good long time. I also like the fact that it really cleans without a whole bunch of scrubbing, I have sensitive skin so too much, can really be to much. With this face wash I never feel tight or anything. I love it, and will totally repurchase!

Sultana says: OK good. I thought I was crazy when I used this and it didn't lather! Phew! I was so excited to try this because I like facial washes that have beads in it to scrub your face. Sadly, these beads are few and far between. They don't do very much scrubbing either. However, I have sensitive skin and this is very gentle. That is what I love about Arrojo. I think I would prefer something a little stronger.

No comments: