Friday, June 19, 2009

Review- Dazzle Dry Quick-Dry Nail Polish System Kit

"Fast-drying nail polish colors and a quick drying top coat of the utmost speed unite to form the Dazzle Dry Quick Dry Nail System - a full line of nail polish colors, a topcoat and a base coat for natural nails that deliver chic, beautiful nails in minutes." 6 piece kit- $54.00

That's right, this is a nail polish "system". But don't be alarmed. There is only 1 more step to this system than you would usually go through to give yourself a manicure and with the end product being what it is- it's worth it. Starting with bare nails, you swipe them with some "Nail Prep" on a cotton ball (note: a little goes a long way). After that, it's business as usual- at lightening speed. There is fast drying base coat, then fast drying color (you get to choose three for the kit), followed by (you guessed it) the fast drying top coat. When I'm saying "fast drying" you are probably picturing the usual quickie products that take about a minute or so to dry. This stuff dries in seconds! By the time you're doing your 10th nail, your first nail is dry. Dazzle Dry is a must-have product for night owls like myself. In the past, I would want to do my nails at midnight but I knew I would get sheet marks or smears. With this kit I can paint my nails 10 minutes before I go to bed and rest assured they'll be perfect in the morning. How well does it last you ask? Like all (and I mean all) quick dry nail products, it tends to chip quicker than traditional polish on your fingers. I had to retouch after about 3 days. But on my toes I'm on day 8 or 9 and I still don't have a single chip! That great convenience plus no chipping? My toes are singing it's praises. BTW, I might add that my nails were really weak when I painted them because I took off my Revlon False Nails in a hasty manner, so the condition of my nails may have hastened the chipping explaining the difference between my fingers and toes.

Amanda S. Says: I am every manicurists nightmare. I'm one of those jittery hyper people that never stops tapping their fingers or bouncing their foot around. I can't hold still. So when I get a manicure, the idea of not moving my hands or feet for 15 minutes to totally dry everything makes my skin crawl. I start to get antsy and inevitably, almost every time, I smudge the polish. OK, so I decided to try this jazzy little system, and WOW, it dried before I even stood up and went to get a glass of water!!?!?!? I've never had any polish dry this fast, ever. So if you're antsy like I am and hate waiting, this stuff is completely awesome.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I would love to try, it looks great and I hate to wait!

Hillary said...

Peggy,
This stuff is so fast, it blows all other 'quick dry" products away. It is dry to the core in 1 minute or less!