Monday, June 29, 2009

Review- Nubar Nail Lacquer Three Pack

This new kit contains the popular Hieroglyphys Purple from the Cleopatra Collection, Foundation Base Coat, and Diamont Quick Dry Top Coat. Foundation Base Coat protects the nail from staining, is fortified with calcium to strengthen nails, and gives the maximum Nail Lacquer adhesion and protection. Diamont Seal & Shine Quick Dry Top Coat completely seals Nubar Nail Lacquers and nail art, thoroughly dries all layers of polish quickly, and protects your manicure for maximum wear. All Nubar nail lacquers are formulated without DBP, formaldehyde, and toluene. $19.95 for 3 0.5oz bottles.

This convenient 3-pack makes a DIY manicure super simple. The Foundation Base coat smooths the nail surface, ensuring the polish glides on easily. I was a little turned off by the rich purple shade, but turns out it was super flattering with my skin tone. I love that the hue was Cleopatra inspired (it made me feel so regal!) and the color looked absolutely perfect after just one coat. I gave it a second coat just for good measure, but it really wasn't necessary. The Diamont Quick Dry Top Coat sealed my gorgeous mani in minutes, and it stayed chip free for a week. I liked the color so much I polished my toes too, and the color is still perfect after 11 days! I did try the top coat with another brand's nail polish; the results were nice, but not as impressive as when I used it with the Nubar polish - I guess they really are formulated to work together. The Hieroglyphs Purple isn't the most summery shade, but I think it will be my go to polish for the Fall. And after hearing a lot of questionable info about the effects of formaldehyde and toulene, I also really like that this polish is free of those potentially harmful chemicals.

No comments: