Sunday, May 11, 2008

Review - Way Out Wax Aromatherapy Candles

A refreshing herbal aroma with calming and cleansing qualities. Pure sage essential oil and 100% soy wax.

I picked up one of these mini tin candles at a health food store near my job a few months ago, I believe it was a lavender scented one, and I loved it. The tin was only $5 and lasted almost 25 total in burn time, and the scent filled the entire apartment. I recently went back and got a sage candle for myself, and think this scent is equally as great. The larger sized tin candles have a 50 hour burn time in all the great scents (click the header above to see how many there are), and I have bought two of those as gifts for people. What I love most is that they're soy candles, clean burning, contain no lead and no other B.S., just soy wax and essential oils and all natural materials. You can tell the difference.

Deedlejuse says: I got myself a Way Out Wax Candle just the other day. It is just as wonderful as Amanda S. says it is. The scent that I purchased is called Sweet Dreams, it is a combo of lavender, marjoram, and lemongrass. This is not a mix I would have associated with bed time, because I thought lemongrass and marjoram are both supposed to be invigorating scents. Not the case in this instance.... It is a really lovely, relaxing, earthy smell that is not overpowering in the way that normal candles can be. The soy and essential oils route is definitely the way to go in my opinion. The scent does fill up a room in a non-obtrusive sort of way. I opted for the Frosted Glass Tumbler variety, because I think it looks really nice in an understated less obvious sort of way. I would also get these candles as a gift, because they are an incredible quality for not to much dough.

No comments: