Sunday, May 11, 2008

Review - Rusk Being Sexy Hair Spray

Extra firm hold control for all hair types

Lock in and freeze any style with volume, extra-firm hold and control. Infuses hair with texture, natural shine and long-lasting, touchable hold and support. For all hair types

In days of yore, I would never, ever even contemplated straying from my once beloved Sebastian Shaper Plus. For me, this was hairspray perfection - everything I wanted from a hairspray from scent to hold to lasting ability to touchability...then a few years ago, things went horribly, horribly wrong. They changed the formula. (I have no idea why - but I have heard something about flurocarbons and they needed to change the formula to comply - the funny thing is if you call them, they act like you've lost your mind...."No, we haven't changed it". Tsk, tsk....not true!) My once favorite hairspray became ordinary and since that sad day I have searched and searched for a replacement but have yet to find one. Unfortunately, my search continues after trying the Rusk. I will say that I like it better than a lot I have tried, and let me tell you I have a graveyard of hairsprays from high end to desperate drug store purchases, but something is missing. I don't know if it's the way it comes out of the can - almost Aqua-Net -ish or something? Not misty enough...and it makes my hair a little crunchy and dry. Lastly, I'm not lovin' the fragrance. (I don't hate it either - just kind of so-so). I am going to continue to use it though b/c as I said it's better than anything I have in my bathroom closet at the moment, and perhaps it will grow on me, but for now, I'd give it a five out ten stars if I was rating.








No comments: