Sunday, May 25, 2008

Beauty Advice about Sun Protection

I know I'm breaking format here, but I feel strongly that every woman who visits our site know this fact. There are only 4 ingredients that can adequately protect you from UVA rays (the aging kind) when used at the proper SPF level: titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, avobenzone (also called Parsol 1789 or butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane) and Mexoryl SX. One of these ingredients must be on the active ingredient list. I tell you this because I recently found out the face lotion I've used for years was not adequately protecting me from UVA rays. Your skin cream or foundation may say it protects against UVA, unless it has one of those 4 ingredients, it may be doing a very poor job of doing so. The spectrum of UVA light goes from 300 to 600. My old face cream protected me from 300-340. Leaving me unprotected against the rest of the UVA rays. Yet it says SPF 15 UVA/UVB. I hope this helps everyone to protect themselves.

No comments: