Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Review- Youngblood Pressed Individual Eyeshadows

Our rich, ultra smooth mineral formulation is offered in our new individual pressed magnetic compact. Glides on effortlessly, is long lasting and ready to apply. A beautiful combination of new and existing shades. Apply dry for subtle shadowy looks or apply slightly moist for a more defined look. Available in sixteen shades. .071oz/2g

I have this eyeshadow in Flush, a beautiful dusty rose sort of shade. It is the perfect shade for my pale pinkish complexion. I wore it for times I wished to look a little more mature at night or to a business meeting and it had the exact affect I was looking for. I really liked the staying power and the matte finish of this powder. It is very highly pigmented so I only needed one swipe for the perfect amount of color. I never tried to use it with water, since the shade wasn't necessarily the kind I wanted to be super dramatic, and the subtle effect really worked for me! Two thumbs up on this one, I would definitely recommend it for a wonderful professional look.

Movie Maven says: Mineral eyeshadows allow for a wide range of looks, since they can typically be used wet or dry, and can easily be layered for more intense or less intense color. This Youngblood Pressed Eyeshadow in "Czar," a deep bronzy brown, is a great option for using as a liner (either wet, for high drama, or dry, for a smokier look) since it is extremely dark and intense. I tried using it as a regular shadow - it's simply too dark for me, but it did go on quite smoothly. Ladies with darker skin and warm undertones might like this shade. I got a little bit of creasing as the day wore on, but when I used it with my favorite primer, I got better results.

No comments: