Monday, October 12, 2009

Review - Smashbox Doubletake Lip Color


Envelop lips in color to lust after. A long-wearing liner on one end and velvety-smooth lip color on the other in two of Fall’s hottest shades.

This double-ended lip combo is part of Smashbox's "Reign" series of products, a line described with this copy:

Scandal. Indulgence. Desire. Decadence reigns in this provocative collection inspired by the English Tudors. Adorn yourself with lust-worthy shadows, metallic liners, and luxurious lip colors fit for a royal.
The colors are certainly autumn-worthy - deep, rich, bold - and they all just went on sale!! I got the lip color in Currant, and I will tell you: this stuff? Is DARK. Like makes this German-Irish white girl look like something is wrong dark. Like I wish I was hosting a show called Goth Talk dark. For my ladies of color out there, definitely check this shade out, because I think it would look amazing on someone with medium brown or darker skin. I wore the lipstick component by itself (it's the liner that makes the darkdarkdarkness that doesn't work for me) and it didn't last very long, but with the liner it held up pretty well. The real benefit of this product is that you know the two shades will complement each other, so if you're a frequent liner/lipstick user, this might be a great solution for you!

Hillary says: I got the lighter of these two double-duty pencils & it is gorgeous! Not only that, I've used it both on my white-as-a-sheet self, but also on a dark African-American friend and it looked great on both of us! How many pencils can boast that claim? I found the texture of this pencil creamy and the application smooth. It really is like getting 2 lipsticks for the price of one, and like Movie Maven said, these pencils are on sale at Smashbox.com right now, so go snatch yours up. I promise this shade won't go out of fashion any time soon.

No comments: