Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review - Liz Earle Superskin Body Cream

Formulated with 25% pure plant oils, this divinely aromatic, ultra-rich body cream is our most intensive moisturizer ever, helping mature or very dry skin look and feel rejuvenated and replenished.

I wanted desperately to love this cream. Its Liz Earle, for goodness sake, and everything she comes out with is sooooo up my alley. Natural, organic, cool list of things that are good for you (including a ton of anti-oxidant rich essential oils) and she really seems to think about the products that she puts out. All of which I love! This cream, however, I just couldn't get into. I love the way it hydrates. I love the way it smooths in completely in seconds and you aren't left with ANY greasiness. I love the way it smells as you apply (sort of like really high quality cranberry or pomegranate essential oil), but after wearing for a number of hours it totally turns on me. I smell like a dirty powder puff, and like LOUDLY smell like a dirty powder puff. I work in perfume, so I'm super sensitive to things like this (hopefully someone else whose skin doesn't tend to make things smell weird has this too and can completely disagree with me!) But I honestly could not get over the way it makes me smell. Oh, and yes, people: $55 for 6.7 oz is so totally worth it! Unless of course you have skin that tends to change things into not so good smells. I would recommend trying the 1.6 fl oz tube first, or maybe even going to a store and slathering yourself and wearing it for the day to make sure the dirt/powder thing doesn't happen to you! I will say again though, I don't think you can go wrong with Liz Earle products. I have never been completely disappointed, and even this issue is hopefully my skin doing things. Give her a try, you will love her!

Sultana says: I used this after taking a bath at night. When I wake up in the morning, the smell kind of a fades a bit but its still there. I have no problems with this whatsoever. It moisturizes really well. I suggest you try in the evening after a bathe so you can really see how well it soothes your skin.
I tend to get really dry skin, especially in the winter. I used this until there was literally nothing left in the tube. Liz Earle, you have done it again!

No comments: