Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Review - Mineral Power™ Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation

"Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation with micro-minerals is a lightweight, luxurious liquid formula that provides a luminous, natural coverage.Discover the power of micro-minerals:• Only our formula combines micro-minerals with a liquid in a lightweight texture for a healthier, more natural finish• Naturally breathable, seamlessly blendable• Provides buildable, even coverage• Talc-Free • Oil-free• Fragrance-Free• Non pore-clogging• SPF 18 sunscreen• Medium Coverage" $7.59 and up, depending on where you find it

Maybelline is and has been a very trusted name in the cosmetic world. It is usually one of the most affordable lines and can be found most anywhere. I have been using Mineral make up since being introduced to it. However, I had not tried the liquid foundation until now. I have been using this in Classic Ivory Light 2 which seems very suited to my complexion. Maybelline recommends dotting it on your face and then blending it in. This technique worked very well for me. They claim it provides a medium coverage which seems about right. I think that if you felt you need a little more coverage -- you could easily apply a lighter layer over the original layer (they do say "seamlessly buildable". It does give a very natural (but improved) look to my skin. I have gotten so used to the dry minerals that I thought I might have difficulty adjusting to this, but it worked wonderfully. You cannot go wrong with a Maybelline brand and the cost is affordable which is nice in this economy. I know I will continue with this and I already had their Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation, which I will review at another time -- also very favorable.

Movie Maven says:
It seems silly, I know, but even though I write for this blog, I still have a real fear of looking too "made-up" in real life (onstage, that's another story). What luck, then, that I got to test this liquid mineral foundation from Maybelline! It gives just enough coverage to my decidedly less-than-perfect skin without making me feel like I'm wearing a mask. I typically dot a bit on the inside of my wrist, then use a makeup brush to blend it in, which works very well for me, and you barely have to use any! I've been using it daily for quite some time and feel like I still have 3/4 of a bottle left. As with any foundation, the key is to get a color that suits you, which I was lucky enough to do on the first try. My main complaint with this product is that it does not last very long. If you've got oily skin, you'll probably be powdering by mid-afternoon, so just be forewarned - you might want to try the powder version instead of its liquid counterpart.

No comments: