Thursday, April 28, 2011

Review- Jo Malone Limited Edition Tea Cologne Collection- Sweet Lemon & Earl Grey & Cucumber


Jo Malone is a young company, only having been around since the mid 1990's but it has definitely distinguished itself as the quintessential British luxury line. Their theory is that you are able to create your own bespoke fragrance by combining their colognes into something which is uniquely yours. Their fragrances are all ethereal and breezy enough to be wonderful by themselves but also fantastic together.
In light of the pending British nuptials the company has dedicated their windows to the affair for the next week, with lovely images of their newest creation Sakura Cherry Blossom and the names of the lucky couple. Just to remind us that they are really, really British they have also decided to come out with a Limited Edition Tea Cologne Collection. The fragrances are all reminiscent of the countries favorite past time: tea. I love it! how playful and fun....
The colognes that I got to review are Sweet Lemon a beautiful sugary blend of lemon, bergatmot and apple on top a heart of Pineapple and freesia and a beautiful base of cypress and white musk. This is by far my favorite, being sweet light clean and fresh. If you have ever loved (like me) fragrances heavy on the pineapple please try to find this fragrance somewhere! The next is an interesting combination of Earl Grey and Cucumber. Personally I might never, ever put a piece of cucumber in my tea, but you know I'm just not that adventurous! The fragrance, though, is very nice not personally my first pick as I prefer something either spicier or sweeter ( I LOVE their Pomegranate Noir and Nectarine Blossom and Honey.) It is a pungent blend of Bergamot and Water jasmine a heart of cucumber and a base of sweet beeswax and Vanilla. Next time you are in a hugely over-priced tea shop smell their most expensive Earl Grey and there is this fragrance, maybe up the floral quotient a smidge, but there it is! Actually I think that they might have a problem with the fact that these fragrances are so limited..... And can I say that I love the fact that I am able to put some lemon on my tea!
The biggest complaint that I had was that the fragrances tend to go away pretty quickly but when I added my body cream (Nectarine Blossom and Honey of course) they really lasted much longer.
I will say that I absolutely love this company and all of their fragrances, and I love how interactive and fun they try to be with the world of perfume. Definitely worth checking it out!

No comments: