Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer


"Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation to increase its longevity, our best-selling primer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish. In a new square airless pump for freshness to the last drop. $36.00" I always use a primer and this one is great. I use one little pump in the am over my sunscreen and I find once it’s absorbed my foundation and concealer are locked into position for all day wear. No wearing or riding in the fine lines. I can’t live without this stuff and I will repurchase when I run dry. I believe this primer is for any gal that is looking to achieve a better finish to their look. This primer really blends with your foundation. I highly encourage checking this out!

Hillary says: Two years ago, if you had told me I needed to use foundation primer, I would have thought you were nuts. Then I tried foundation primer & discovered that a good one (like this one from Smashbox) can make your foundation last all day. But not all primers are alike- not by a long shot. Smashbox's primer actually enhances your skin's condition while you wear it with a bevvy of anti-oxidants to fight free radicals. It applies effortlessly and as far as I can tell, application is fool-proof. You only need a tiny amount (1 pump) and I like to wait a few minutes before I apply my liquid foundation (the directions don't say you have to, but I like to give it a minute to settle). It makes my foundation, be it liquid or mineral, cover so much more evenly and stay on all day without settling into any cracks or crevices. The primer also fights the "cheek foundation wear off" I always used to get. I also use it under my eyes and on my eyelids. My concealer, no matter what brand, used to collect in the line under my eyes, but no more. You may think you don't need foundation primer, but I swear, give Smashbox Photo Finish and you'll wonder what you did without it (that goes double for those of us over 35 or with enlarged pores).


Sheba says: I had no idea what a primer was until recently. Once you just try a good one (Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is definitely one of the BEST) you will never be without one in the future. Perhaps you think it is just one more item to spend money on -- you won't mind spending the money for the results once you see them. Your skin actually looks 'finished' and ready for the makeup you are applying. Many people think applying a primer to a wall is a waste of money -- until they see the results after they use it and apply the new paint over it. It is the same principle here. Your makeup will look so much better because your skin has been primed. It is smoother looking and feeling and the make up just enhances that new improved base that it has. Make up stays on longer and does not gravitate towards the little smile lines around your mouth and eyes. Your pores seem to appear less noticeable. It just gives your face the perfect canvas to apply your make up to.


Trish says: Yeah, you can pretty much believe all the hype! I love this foundation primer so much, I'm already thinking of re-buying it just as I write this! As soon as I applied Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer, I notice that my skin started to look a lot smoother and softer almost instantly. Once I added my normal foundation over it, I had completely flawless looking skin! Double the results for coverup! I get complimented on my skin complexion on days wearing this primer and what might come off as naturally flawless skin is actually this miracle primer in bottle! But, shhh, let's keep that a secret between us! ;)



Sultana says: I was so happy when Smashbox came out with the Oil-Free version of this primer. I have very oily skin and just about anything will make me break out. Recently I found out I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Without getting too detailed, some of the symptoms are: Oily Skin & persistent acne. Yes, I know! YUCK. Thankfully there are great medications out there!


Primer has become a part of my daily routine because it just makes your makeup look finished. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin and it doesn't cause breakouts!!!!!!! Thank you Smashbox!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this review. I've been considering primer for a while, and I know Smashbox is touted as one of the best, but every couple of reviews someone will say it's "like bacon grease," so I've always been really iffy. But seeing this makes me much more convinced, thanks again. If I buy it, I'll review it also at
http://lushlist.blogspot.com

aly7 said...

this has silicone, which i am allergic to. Gave me weird bumps all over my face. UGH!