Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Review - B. Witching Bath Company Kitchen & Garden Soap



"Perfect for dispelling pungent aromas from the garden or kitchen! Formulated with a touch of natural germ killing Tea Tree Oil and designed for one-step hand cleansing - our liquid soaps are a real treat! They leave your skin gently perfumed with our luscious natural fragrances."

I don't think I understand the name of this hand soap company. I mean, I get that it's a play on the word "bewitching," but is it supposed to be, like, someone's name? Bernard Witching? I'm not going to worry about it too much, because I liked the soap enough that the name doesn't really matter.

I got this Kitchen & Garden Soap in the Garden Sage scent, and hoo boy! Is it ever sage-y. My roommate, when we moved into a new apartment, really wanted to do a cleansing ritual where we burned sage to clear the house of bad energy (she's from California, she can't help being a little bit of a hippie), but we never got around to it. (The energy in our house seems ok to me, though.) If we had done that ritual, though, I think the sage smell would have been approximately as strong as the smell on this soap. Not to say that it's a bad thing. The idea with these Kitchen & Garden Soaps, as you see in the quote from their website, is that the scent of the soap will help mask pungent odors from your Kitchen & Garden work (respectively, onions and manure, I assume). And mask it certainly does! I enjoyed it greatly. I wish their website was a little more user-friendly, but if I had to choose between nice soap and a nice website, I guess I choose nice soap. Try it!


Deedlejuse Says: Ok, seriously, I adore this soap. I even am willing to over look the website, which is difficult to navigate-we'll say. The flavor of my soap is Heirloom Tomato. I must tell you there is nothing closer to my heart than tomatoes, and the heirloom is my favorite of all of the varieties. The soap is strong, but also cleans very well and does eliminate any odors from miscellaneous yuckies you might come into contact with. The scent really does smell just like a tomato plant in the sunshine, and always makes me smile! All of the products from this company look affordable and natural. I think it just needs a chance for people to get on the bandwagon, and I am so there! Any company that understands the wonders of the tomato plant are a-ok in my book!

Sultana says: "Roasted Coffee" is the one that I have. I expected it to smell really strong and overwhelming but it was quite the opposite. It doesn't even smell like coffee! It smells very light with a hint of vanilla, which I love. This won me over for two reasons. First, I hate the way traditional soaps make your hands feel after you wash dishes and this makes them feel very moisturized. Secondly, it has tea tree oil and smells great. This is a company I am starting to like! I say Yes!

Melissa says: I have the Rosemary Herb soap and I love it. It's infused with tea tree oil and has a strong aroma which is so invigorating! I'm smelling it all the time because it really opens up the senses and gives your hands a refreshing feeling. I read all of the other reviews, and I must try the other varieties. I highly recommend this one and can't wait to explore the rest of the line.

No comments: