Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Favorite Beauty Products

 



The funnest part about experimenting with beauty products is finding out what works and doesn't quite work for us individually. I know some people who are adamantly devoted to a certain beauty product, and yet, for one reason or another, it didn't quite perform so well on others. Having said  that, some products truly do stand out on their own and remain on my list of go-to products. 


Nail Product - I'm an Essie fan.  I admit it. I know everyone has their favorite polish and for me, I can always rely on a bottle of Essie for a nice pick-me-up in color and consistency. My next honorable mention has to go to NYC Color nail polish. To me they are fun, affordable and surprisingly long-lasting!

Shampoo & Conditioner - It's true, the better the shampoo and conditioner, the better my  hair looks. I simply can't get around that. My favorite combination would have to be B. Shampoo and Conditioner Perfected. For a while there, it was nice to think that my hair naturally looked that way all the time, but the credit really goes to this lovely combination.

Styling Product - On the more expensive end, I love  Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum, it keeps my hair well-behaved and in place. Yet, when I need something more affordable for day-to-day wear, like going to the grocery store or the post-office, I resort to my usual Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Serum. I've used it for years.

Facial Cleanser - Once a dermatologist told me what her favorite facial cleanser was even compared to the more high-end products she's known and used in the past and I had to completely agree with her! We both delighted in the fact that CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser kept the wrinkles at bay and softened the skin remarkably. It really is a top secret among dermatologists and just as easily accessible in drugstores! 

Facial Toner - I'm not a huge toner fan, it just seems like an extra step to a long list of beauty-routine steps already, but when I do use toner, I'm happiest with the SpaMD results.

Facial Serum - I do have to wear facial serum though. That's a step I can't afford to skip anymore. One of my favorites is the SpaMD Oil-Free Anti-Aging serum. It's lightweight, but covers fine lines almost magically.

Facial Moisturizer - The same dermatologist from above also recommended the Olay Regenerist moisturizer to me. Since I knew that she knew what she was talking about, I gave it a try. For an affordable drugstore moisturizer, I agree the Olay Regenerist product does a nice job of promoting youthful skin.

Body soap - My sister recently gifted me with natural soaps from Wildly American and their coal soap is like nothing I've tried before. It is so deeply penetrating and cleansing, it really feels like I'm washing away all kinds of impurities on the skin. Such a clean and refreshing feeling that it makes taking a shower to a new level!

Body Scrub - I still love the Whish Sugar Scrub. Everything from the scent to the consistency and the natural oils makes for happy skin.

Foundation -  I switch around with foundation a lot. Most of the time, I prefer wearing mineral powder foundations, which my favorite would be Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation.

Primer - Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin primer is one my favorite products. Sometimes, I can skip moisturizer +  foundation as long as I can use this on my skin and I'm ready to go, with a loose dusting a powder.

Blush - Cargo is my favorite blush brand. I've gone through a couple of their blushes already and use every bit of it in the pan! However now that  the shade I love is no longer available, I've been wearing Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blushes. It looks very natural and pretty on.

Eyeshadow - I've used the high expensive brands, medium brands, and drugstore brands and my favorite eyeshadow palette is from Prestige Cosmetics Beauty Bar. I'm just about out of it, using every last bit of it left, and still can't quite find the right replacement for it. In single eyeshadow colors, I've used NARS Nymphea for a long time.

Mascara - I tend to switch around with mascara a lot too. Right now my go-to standard is CoverGirl's Lash Blast Mascara. If I ever do try Lancome's Definicils, I'll write back and let you know how it goes!

Eyeliner - I'm not a big eyeliner person, but I really like Smashbox's Limitless Eyeliner pencil. The shade and texture were just right and lasted all day.

That's my list. Hopefully you could agree with some and disagree with others, but feel free to let us know what makes your top list too!

No comments: