Monday, May 7, 2012


Around here, we are always reviewing new products, but I think it's time we give you a rundown of some of our favorites.  These are products we'll buy again and again because they look so good/ work so well.  Here are some of my all-time favorites:

Nail Product: Duri Rejuvacote- This stuff will toughen up even the wimpiest of cracking breaking nails.

Shampoo & Conditioner: Prive Concept Vert Rejuvenating Shampoo and Conditioner- Not only is this the best shampoo and conditioner I've tried, the bottles are fully recyclable if you take them or send them to the salon.  I mean it ALL gets recycled.

Leave-in Conditioner: It's a tie between Davines Glorifying Treatment Color Protective/Leave-in and Mane 'n Tail Detangler.  Both of these products do a great job of detangling and protecting hair from heat and the elements.  They are at two very different price points, so it's according to your budget which one you go for.

Styling Product: Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme- Gives you a slightly unfinished look or add more for a piecey look.  It gives the hair excellent texture.

Facial Cleanser: Make Up For Ever Extreme Cleanser- This is an oil cleanser that leaves your face totally clean and not at all tight.  Highly recommended for people with dry skin.

Toner: VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants+ Treatment Toner- Not only does this tone the skin, it treats discolorations and brown spots.


Facial Serum: Atopalm Moisturizing Revitalizing Complex- It has evened out my skin tone more than anything else I've tried.  It also helps keep moisture in.

Face Cream: Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream- It's a savior for dry, sensitive skin and a tub lasts a long time.  For a less expensive option, I recommend Cerave AM and PM creams from the drugstore.  Also very good for sensitive, dry skin, but not as moisturizing as the Atopalm.

Sunscreen: La Roche Posay Anthelios 40 with Mexoryl SX- Mexoryl SX makes this sunscreen protect better than others and last longer during sun exposure.  I'm not saying don't re-apply. DO, often.  But until more U.S. sunscreens come with Mexoryl SX in them, this one is your best bet.

Body Wash/Soap: Solise Body Wash with SPF 15/ L'Occitane Shea Butter Soaps- I like the Solise for the obvious reason, it's got SPF 15 so you are protected from the sun right out of the shower.  Remember, one is supposed to apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before going out and very few of us do.  I like L'Occitane Shea Butter Soaps because I've never spelled one I didn't like.  I especially like the Milk and Verbena scents.

Favorite Hand Cream: L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream- There are no high-tech ingredients in this hand cream, just good old-fashioned moisture.  I've been using it for years.  I love the scent and no one has ever guessed my age from my hands!

Foundation: Mehron Celebré Pro HD Make-Up- How happy was I when I discovered this fabulous foundation?  You can wear it as a light to full cover foundation as well as using it as a concealer.  It has a beautiful texture and comes in colors to suit almost everyone.  At $11 a pop, how can you go wrong?

Blush: La Femme/Make Up For Ever- La Femme is my favorite powder blush (and it's oh, so affordable) and Make Up For Ever's HD Cream blushes blow me away.  With them, a little goes a long way, so they're definitely worth the money.

Eyeshadow: Kevin Aucoin Eyeshadow- They're so pigmented with so little fall out, it's as if I designed them to do exactly what I wanted to do.  Plus all of the colors are so wearable, one can't go wrong.

Mascara: Kiss Me Mascara by Blinc- Everyone who has tried this mascara either loves or hates the fact that it forms little tubes around each individual lash that come off easily with soap and water (but not with tears).  I absolutely love it.  I think being able to take off mascara that looks good is the best thing since sliced bread.

Eyeliner: Fran Wilson Cake Eyeliner/Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner- Now I know this one is out of left field, but I adore this cake eyeliner and have been using it since high school.  It comes in black and brown.  You use it with either water or a sealant and it will stay where it's put.  Plus it costs around $4, so really, can you pass it up?  The Smashbox liner comes in an array of colors in a pot (it's a cream) and when I want my eyeliner to last through anything or I want to add some color, I turn to it.

These are my favorites, comment and tell us yours!

No comments: