Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review - LipSense Classic Color in Crimson Red







The premier product of SeneGence®, LipSense® is an amazing departure from conventional lipsticks, stains and colors. It should only be applied on clean, dry lips. Your perfect pout is waterproof and will not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! We challenge you to put your pout to the test - kiss away! Create your own recipe for beauty and customize your color palate by combining shades that are rich and solid, sheer and shimmery, vibrant, shiny or frosty. LipSense® liquid lip color comes in a beautiful .25 oz tube.

$22 (for one Lipsense, one GLossy Gloss & One Ooops Remover)


I was super excited to try this product. I remember when I was 16, I begged my Mom to buy me something similar from one of those home shopping channels. It was so bad. It was like pure alcohol. It smelled gross and flaked off pretty quickly.


I thought that since more than ten years passed, they would be able to make a product like this that was dramatically improved. Sadly, I was wrong. I tried this many times. It kept getting dry and would just flake off. The smell is very strong. It worries me that you would need a remover for lipstick, but I never even had to use it!


I think that there are regular drug store products out there better than this. I hope others have had better experiences.






2 comments:

Joni Rogers-Kante said...

Dear Sultana,

Thank you for trying LipSense, the choice long lasting lip color for literally millions of women for over twelve years. I believe the product quality and performance stands on it own and LipSense wearers include high profile women who are singers, starlets, talk show hosts, and national and international political forces.

I am surprised the product did not meet your satisfaction as it ‘molecularly binds’ to the vermillion of your lips to deliver comfortable and complete color coverage that lasts for up to 12 hours, depending upon the shade you choose and the pH of your skin. In all of our years, you are the first I have heard claim the product ‘flakes.’ In fact, if worn correctly, our product actually restores the moisture content of lips for every single user and helps to create fuller more luscious pouts, naturally. However the length of wear could be affected by drugs, medication, and some vitamins as they may dramatically affect the pH of the body.

I stand behind our 100% product guarantee and would be happy to send additional shades for you to try to determine which LipSense shades works best for you or introduce you to our LipSense Naturals, an alternative line of alcohol-free, lasting lip colors.

Regards,

Joni Rogers-Kante
SeneGence Founder and CEO

Karla Bonwitch said...

I believe that was a pretty good explanation on the bloggers behalf. I really appreciate the effort.