Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss



Fall in love with color, all over again. Sophisticated color and shine from pure pigment. Luxurious feel from nourishing honey nectar.

I tried this lip gloss in a new shade, Strawberry Glaze, a cheerful, shimmery sheer pink. It looks pretty bold in the tube, but on your lips it really is the perfect summer pink - you can see the hint of color, but its light enough to look like a natural flush. The shelf-life of the formula is average for a lip gloss, and the only thing that turned me off about it was the artificial strawberry smell. I am super-anal about scented and flavored lip glosses, but if that won't bother you, then you shouldn't have any beef with this product.

Trish says: I adore this sweet lip gloss from Maybelline! I tried it in a coral pink shade called "Triple Yum" and love layering it on top of my current lipstick. The consistency is really nice, not too thick nor too wimpy. There is a soft subtle fruity taste, but I don't mind it so much. Plus it goes away rather quickly. As a result, my lips feel so much more moisturized and look a lot more plumper than usual, so I can't complain! I would definitely recommend this to a friend who wanted a nice, light and affordable lip gloss that wears easily and effortlessly and looks pretty and soft at the same time!

Sultana says: I have this in Sweet Caramel. Oddly enough, it does not look or smell like Caramel. The color is like a pale pink & the smell is peachy. Besides, the odd name and color combo, the color is very pretty. Its the perfect summer color to me. However, its doesn't match so well with my skin tone. To make this work for me, I had to use it over a dark lipstick. The staying power is good, considering its a gloss. It leaves behind a very pretty shimmer of pink.

Deedlejuse Says: Sweet & Sassy! Ok, so I just have to say I know the name might be way over-used, but I love the gloss. It is a flirty pink that doesn't have too much glitter or sparkle. It doesn't neccessarily have much pigment, and is perfect over a lip stick.
The wear is quite good and stays on for at least half an hour before you want to reapply. The nice thing about it is that the gloss is not sticky or glossy really. It is more like a lipstick feel with more moisture. All in all for the price it is a good gloss, and it sounds like it comes in great colors. I like it a lot and would definitely repurchase when it is gone.

No comments: