Friday, September 10, 2010

Review - Ultra Moist LipWear (Sheer Red)



I'm not much of a lipstick wearer, most of the time, though the other day I did say in my Facebook profile that I wanted to be the kind of girl who wears lipstick. A friend of mine - a lipstick wearer since, like, birth - commented that I just needed to find the right shade, and I'd be set. Well, this might just be that shade.

New York Color, or N.Y.C. for short (or NYC in this review, because I don't want to put periods between all the letters), is a drugstore brand that, as I see it, sits somewhere below your Cover Girls and Maybellines, but slightly above your Wet 'n' Wilds. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Wet 'n' Wild, but you know that stuff is cheap. NYC is slightly better on all fronts.

This lipstick feels less...coat-y than a lipstick normally does to me. It feels like, if it were a piece of fabric, it would be a gossamer chiffon scarf instead of the double-knit polyester feeling I normally get when I put on lipstick. This is not to say the coverage or color is less than a lipstick should have, just that it feels lighter. Of course, the trade-off is that you have to reapply fairly regularly, but it's cheap, pretty, and feels moisturizing. Not too shabby, NYC.

One caveat, however - on my monitor, the color looked NOTHING LIKE the actual lipstick - the real product was much brighter, bolder, and redder. But since you can only buy this at drugstores, you should be able to assess it better in person.

No comments: