Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Review - Batiste Dry Shampoo

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo, with a refreshing fragrance, revitalizes greasy, dull and lifeless hair between washes. Instantly leaves your hair feeling clean, full of body and smelling beautiful. Quick and convenient to use wherever you are.

When I am faced with the decision to wash my hair or do just about anything else, I tend to go with the anything-else. I don't know why I drag my feet when it's time to wash my hair, because I have such a greasy head that it's basically a daily necessity, but I do. And then I go to work and I feel dirty because of my greasy head. It's a bad scene.

This morning when I arose, I was faced with a decision. Of three possible activities - washing my hair, being on time to work, and making out with a cute boy - I had time to do only two. I picked the latter two. So my hair was dirty. BUT! I had this Batiste Dry Shampoo!

Now, I think the intended use of this shampoo is more of a "I've been at work all day and now I'm going out to dinner and I don't want my head to look all greasy" situation, but using it in the morning pretty effectively dialed down the greasiness of my head-suit, enough for me to put on a scarf and not look like a total hobo. You spray it on, massage it in, and brush it out. Simple. I've tried it a few times before today, and each time, my hair stays less greasy all day until I have a chance to wash it.

The main issue I have with this dry shampoo is that the scent skews a little to the "manly" side of things, which I think can be sexy on some girls, but I don't know how well I can pull that off. It also comes in a scent called "Blush," which I guess was Julia Roberts' wedding scent in Steel Magnolias. The can of the "Blush" scent is pink and flowery, while the can of the Original scent is charmingly retro, like a motorcycle jacket Ewan McGregor might have worn in Down with Love. This ends my tribute to gay, gay movie references in this review.

Overall, I would say this is a good idea for:
- people with brushable hair (my curly-topped friends, maybe not so much)
- people with less-greasy hair than me (would be super-effective)
- people who think the can is cute (it looks really cute on my shelf)

It comes in a little can so you can try it without much commitment. I would recommend you give it a shot, even if you're skeptical.

Sultana says: I have this in Blush which is in fact very flowery. Its almost too flowery! I have gotten into the habit of using dry shampoos recently. I've been told that over-washing your hair is never a good thing. I recently had a Brazilian Blowout which lasts longer if you don't wash your hair too often.
This one is better than others I have used because it doesn't leave a powdery residue behind.
I concur with my fellow blogger that the size of the bottle is small enough that you don't have too commit too much. I definitely say give it a shot as well!


Hillary says: I am the perfect consumer for this product! I use dry shampoo all of the time some good, some eh, but if I have to recommend one that gives the most bang for your buck it's Batiste! I have this in Blush & in Regular (I got one free with a rebate). I like both scents, but they are not so overpowering that the scent alone would make or break this product for me. I love the fact that it doesn't leave a white residue on my head (oh yes, some do) & it really does make my hair look clean. I have long, vaguely dry hair & this works perfectly on a 2nd or 3rd day after washing. Before I found Batiste I was buying my dry shampoo at Sephora. Who knew that at $5-$6 a can this stuff can compete with the big boys?

Trish says: To be honest, I'm pretty hooked on this Batiste Dry Shampoo too!! Especially on the weekends, when I need to run errands and don't have time or (energy) to wash and style my hair just to go to the post-office, this has been reliably my go-to rescue. I admit, I'm terrified of looking as if I have dirty hair - even from just wearing too many hair products - so a dry shampoo that works- and is easy to use- is simply a beauty must! This Batiste Dry Shampoo does the job, makes my hair look cleaner and fuller (sometimes even more so than after a shower) and is so handy and convenient as well as affordable! I really can't think of any reason not to want to have one around. It's that charming, really! Also, I tried the Original Scent which was good enough for me. Not too overpowering nor wimpy!

No comments: