Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Review - NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder


NYC New York Color Mosaic Face Powders are ultra sheer soft, natural pressed powders. Made up of four harmonizing hues in the right combination of colors to enhance skin tone. When the four neutral colors are blended together, they create a perfect single shade that balances and enhances all skin undertones. Choose from six great palettes for every skin brightening need.

I never really understood the purpose of a mosaic pressed powder or loose powder. Like - if you're going to blend all those pigments anyway, what is the benefit of leaving them separate? Why not just blend them to begin with? I couldn't find an answer in my research, so I'm going to say it's because it looks pretty. Because it does!

I tried this NYC New York Color Mosaic Face Powder in the Pink Cheek Glow hue, and I think I've found my new favorite cheek color. It's a great blue-pink for those with cool undertones (that would be me), but olive-skinned or darker ladies may want to try the peach or the mocha versions.

Like most of the rest of the NYC line, the main draw here is the price. I found it online for as low as $3.60, and it's a fair bit larger than most blush compacts you'll find. It's serviceable and stays on admirably, and it's a good value, which I like, since I'm cheap. (Or maybe just Midwestern.)

Note: when I was searching for this on Google Shopping, this happened:

I...don't know what this means. But I do think it's hilarious that the movie is cheaper than the powder.

No comments: