Monday, September 13, 2010

Review - Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Forever Stay Pencil (Deep Jade)



I won't lie, y'all: I love Carmindy. I love her ever-cheerful disposition, her childlike belief that anyone can be beautiful, and her hair like yellow cornsilk. She is a delight on What Not to Wear, unlike Clinton and Stacy, who are occasionally just a little too shrill even for me. (Though Stacy knows her a silhouette. MORE BELTS, I SAY.)

In any event, Sally Hansen has a new line of products "inspired" by Carmindy, so I'm not sure if that means that Carmindy called them and was like "I just want everyone to be SO PRETTY!" and the Sally Hansen people were like "YES! We can make them pretty!" and Carmindy was like "Great! Bye!" and that was it, or if they actually worked to develop this line with her or what. But so far, I like what it's produced.

The Forever Stay Eye pencil does not stay on forever. But it stays on a good long time, to be sure, and I really like how smoothly it goes on. It's almost as good as my fancy-pants eyeliner pencil I want to keep forever and ever. This is just a good basic eyeliner from a trusted company with a spokesperson I like, in colors that work well for lots of people. The deep jade I tried was a nice, more-blue-than-yellow green that worked well for my hazel eyes, and I can see working well for green-eyed ladies or dark, dark brown-eyed ladies. Basically, if you're satisfied with the eyeliner you currently use, it's not worth switching to this one. But if you're looking for something new, give it a try!

No comments: