Thursday, March 11, 2010

Review- Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick




Breaking all boundaries in color creation. High-tech, high-pigment lipstick for unlimited color variation and colors. Achieve the truest color payoff with rich texture and ultra-smooth application. Enjoy up to 8 hours of moisture and color.

Words just can not describe how much I love this rich and creamy lipstick by Shu Uemura! I tried the shade in a very neutral nude tone - which is something I normally wouldn't try on my own - but this Rouge Unlimited lipstick is so full of texture and moisturizing capabilities that my lips looked very much softer and fuller with just one application. The nude tone is highly sophisticated and I found that it really complimented my eye-makeup, particularly being the perfect shade for that contrasting smoky-eye look even during the daytime! For some the $23 price tag may be a little high just for lipstick, but the formula is so creamy, thick, and luxurious, plus it looks so beautifully on, I think it's definitely worth the investment for such a gorgeous lipstick with a very creamy finish!

Josephine says: Trish, sing it, sister. The tube is practically sweating there's so much moisture. I tried nude beige which is from Shu's Egerie collection for Spring 2010. The color isn't dark enough for my coloring to wear alone without washing me out but layered over a more pink nude it looks ridiculously gorgeous. Within an 8 hour period though lipstick in general has never been able to last through (typically) 2 Starbucks, a liter of water, egregious use of Ice Breakers ice cube gum etc. so I did not even put this tube to the test. But a long-wearing lipstick has never been a high priority to me, anyway. Per usual, Shu has contributed another kick-arse addition to the lipstick arena.

No comments: