Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Review - Kairos Clarifying Complexion-Clearing Shampoo


Kairos CLARIFYING COMPLEXION-CLEARING SHAMPOO is a unique dual-purpose complex that clears blemishes and helps to prevent future breakouts while cleansing and detoxifying hair — leaving it shiny, silky, and residue-free.

I had my doubts about this shampoo, which claims to assist in keeping your skin clear via a small amount of salicylic acid in the formula. "Really, Kairos?" I thought. "You're going to keep my face blemish-free with stuff I put on my head? SURE."

These doubts turned out to be very founded - I have not noticed a significant difference in the level of breakouts on my face, which is typically high due to my inherited grease factory face. However! I think the salicylic acid is doing something, because before I started using it, I could go approximately 1 day without washing my hair before I started to look like a hobo (once again, the grease factory). Now, it's more like 1.5 days, so I can skip a wash now and again! Yahoo! I was also pleasantly surprised that it worked as well as it did, just as a shampoo - I was suspicious that it would be less effective somehow, but it is perfectly serviceable.

The one warning I will give to you is that this shampoo is surprisingly liquid - most shampoos range in the honey-level of viscousness. This one isn't a liquid as, say, milk, but it's definitely edging that way. Maybe heavy cream? In any event, beware! It comes out of the bottle faster than you think!

No comments: