Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Review - Shu Uemura Egerie Satin Radiant Stick Blush


Soft creamy texture for the cheeks in a stick style to create a delicate satin veil on the face. Blush and highlight colors with tiny particles of pearls for a shimmery finish. $44

I love makeup, but one thing I can't seem to get into is blush. For the sake of being a makeup lover, I try new things all the time to give it a fair shot. Shu Uemura is a brand I knew about, but honestly I've never tried it. The price tag was a bit high for me.

I have this in the Pink color. Its really very pretty. It does feel kind of like satin. The stick goes on smooth for an easy application. It is very shimmery, & I like shimmery! It lasted a long time but at the end of the day I just had shimmer all over the place. I would wear this if I were going out as opposed to just a day at the office.

I also find that its multi-functional. I tried it as an eyeshadow and as a lipstick and it works just as well. If you are fair enough, then you could try the monotone look and use the color all over. So the price tag may be a little on the high side, but the stick is very generous in size. There is a lot of product there so you get your moneys worth.

Malikah says: I tried this in the highlight shade, a soft, shimmery pearl white. The formula is soft and creamy, and blends easily, leaving just a subtle hint of shimmer. I'm a medium-skinned African-American woman, and I didn't think the color would be flattering with my skin-tone, but it blended beautifully. The shimmer is not overpowering, and still looked appropriate for day, and you can layer more on for a night time look. Considering how little you need to use each application, and the size of the product, this thing will last awhile, making it well worth the cost.

No comments: