Friday, September 23, 2011

Review - LashDip @ Courtney Akai Salon

Immediately after showering

After



Before




I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to try LashDip at Courtney Akai's salon. I had been following Lashdip on Twitter for some time. I thought it was an exciting an innovative idea.

I suffer from what Courtney likes to call "Lash Analness". What is Lash Analness you ask? It's when you are obsessed with your lashes and they need to be perfect at all times! It is super important that the person doing your lashes understands your standards. Which is why you are given a little analysis when you go to your appointment. So its understood how you wear your lashes on a daily basis and what you expect.


My appointment was with Christian Zamora who is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. He took the time to explain the entire process to me. He also kept me entertained while applying the LashDip. He made the application process fly by. It only took about 45 minutes. I also got to briefly meet the Lash Goddess Courney Akai. You will walk into this salon feeling very welcome and walk out looking gorgeous.


Here is a brief overview of Lashdip.

The Claim: LashDip is waterproof, it sculpts your lashes, separates them and can last up to six weeks with proper care.

The Process: Lasts about 40 minutes to an hour depending on how dramatic you want your lashes to look. LashDip is applied with a small brush that lifts, separates and curls. For each layer applied, a little fan is used to dry and seal in the color.

The Price: $250 for upper and lower lashes which includes one LashRefresh touch up session and a take home after care kit.


The End Result: Beautiful, long lashes that make you feel like a star. When you wake up in the morning, you won't know what to do with yourself when you go to apply mascara and you realized you slept all night and your lashes are still flawless!

I am a single Mother of three and my life tends to be really hectic. Since I am always on the go, I am constantly looking for anything that will make my beauty routine easier. With LashDip, I am able to get up and go in the morning. Not to mention, it's waterproof and from the minute you step out of the shower you look like a model! I am so excited about LashDip and I personally believe that with time, it will keep evolving until its perfected.

If you usually wear mascara and want beautiful lashes without the fuss, then you should definitely book an appointment at Courtney Akai. If you don't think Lashdip is right for you, check out http://www.courtneyakai.com/ and I guarantee you will find a procedure that fits your needs. They also do hair extentions and makeup applications.

No comments: