Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review - Intraceuticals Clarity Gel Cleanser

A lightweight gel cleanser to thoroughly cleanse the skin and remove excess oil and impurities. The non greasy formula leaves skin conditioned and primed to receive optimum benefits from Intraceuticals Infusions® and nourishers. Also available: Clarity Gel Cleanser – Sensitive Use morning and night.


Not to be confused with the Intraceuticals Clarity Treatment Gel, this is a cleanser to be used along with Intraceuticals' other Clarity line products. The thing I first liked about this cleanser was the packaging - a clever pop-up design that means when you take this pump bottle with you on the road, you won't need to worry about spillage. It's a great cleanser, to be sure: it cleans without drying, and on my freaky combination skin, that is a huge plus. The main change I noticed was that my skin felt softer overall - not necessarily smoother, but definitely softer, possibly due to the gentle nature of the cleanser and the fact that it won't dry you out.

While increased softness might be enough for some ladies, I tend to have mild acne on my face, and while this cleanser cut down on oiliness in general, it wasn't enough to take care of my red face, unfortunately. The other downside, of course, is that the price point is not something I would personally pay for this product, regardless of the result. It's definitely an effective cleanser, but is it worth the chunk of change? For me, the answer is no.

Trish says: Yep, totally agree with what Movie Maven mentioned above. This Intraceuticals Gel Cleanser works nicely to clean the skin, leaving it feeling soft, but I didn't notice too much of a difference in my overall skin's appearance. It doesn't do anything to harm the skin which is good to know if you have sensitive skin like me, but it didn't make it look any more different either. I think if used with the Intraceutical system all together it adds to the total benefit over time, but alone, it didn't change too much for me. Also, I noticed a scent that reminded me of swimming pool, strange - on the one hand, I felt like I was on vacation swimming in the hotel pool, yet on the other hand, not sure if that is a pleasant scent without the actual swimming pool. Overall, if used with their additional line of products, it's a good complement, but by itself, nothing too harmful nor striking to make it super memorable.

No comments: