Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Review - Smashbox O-Gloss

Get a shiny pink pout all your own! The first intuitive lip gloss, this innovative silky formula goes on clear and then reacts with your personal skin chemistry to instantly transform into your own custom shade of pink. O-GLOSS is packed with our exclusive microcirculating Goji Berry-C Complex™ and ginkgo biloba, pomegranate seed antioxidants, revitalizing marine botanicals and moisturizing avocado oil for lustrous shine. Also try our best-selling, award-winning O-GLOW that turns cheeks the shade you blush naturally!

I'm going to be honest, I didn't know until just a few minutes ago how cool and different this lip gloss actually is. I got a sample, and it doesn't tell you anything about the product. I should have looked it up, but I didn't. Actually I feel like I was tricked! My mouth was actually pink when I thought it was just shiny! That could have been a disaster with the wrong outfit.... But in all seriousness it does change shades. This morning its a dusty-rosey type shade, the last time I'm pretty sure it was a bit paler, so it's kinda like mood lip gloss. You all remember those rings you got when you were younger, or the green lipsticks that change into the most unattractive colors... This is not that bad obviously, but I'm gonna have to say I probably wouldn't repurchase. The gloss just isn't that nice. It is very sticky and thick, and doesn't stay on for very long. In fact you have to reapply every few minutes. Usually I love things from Smashbox, but I'm just not quite in love. I might have to pick up some of the blush though, just to see what color I blush naturally!

No comments: