Sunday, December 21, 2008

Review- Biosilk Thermal Shield

The advanced formula utilizes silk and other protecting ingredients to help shield hair from thermal damage from the hottest flat and curling irons, while giving long lasting styling results with ultimate shine.

I really beat the you-know-what out of my hair. Although I've tried to cut back on heat styling (I'm addicted to the flat iron in a serious way) I still cave in on humid days and fry my hair with everything I can to beat it into submission. I've tried a lot of these protective products, a few I've reviewed on here after trying a few times, but I decided to really test this one out on the long term. I used the Thermal Shield through over 15 hair torturing experiences to see what, if anything, I had to show for it that differed in any way from the usual products. I have to say, other than a nice smell and an ease in applying, the Biosilk Thermal Shield really did seem to make a difference. I'd noticed recently that especially in the winter months of blasting indoor heating, my hair would get a little dried out even when I didn't use any heat styling things. After using this product religiously for 15 washes (and tortures I guess you'd call them), even after dying my hair and THEN immediately ironing it, it really did make a difference. My hair was notably shinier and smoother. It wasn't a miracle, but let's face it, nothing is. But for the price (under $13) it was well worth it. It battled my usual Infusium leave in conditioner and it won hands down.

1 comment:

LipGlossGossip said...

I just bought this and came home to look for reviews. I'm excited to try it now. :)