Saturday, August 4, 2012

 

 

"Gel-Like shine and up to 11 days of shatterproof color*.
*When worn with Colorstay™ base & top coats
Colorstay nail color formula is fortified with unique ingredients that provide high impact color and gel-like shine in fashion forward range of shades and finishes. This technology is based on a unique combination of resin and high molecular weight polymers designed to provide flexible, shatterproof color with excellent color retention and gloss."

Okay, I have to admit I was very skeptical about the claims of 11 day wear, but I'm now a firm believer!  I just removed my manicure after 10 days and it would have lasted even longer had I not gone to the beach yesterday.  Now, for a change, no one gave me this nail polish to review.  I spent my own cash on the base coat, top coat and colors of this polish that I own.  For me to rave about a product that I spent my own money on is really rare.  It has to be a super-performer, and this system definitely is.  Now I know that when you've seen it at the drugstore you've been reluctant to plop down $8.99 x 3 just to try this nail system (you really must have the base coat, the top coat and a color), but if you keep your eyes open, you'll find deals like I did such as the one at CVS two weeks ago, the entire line was buy one for $4.99 get $3 CVS bucks back (I'm unsure of the limit on the number of bottles on this sale).  So you can get away with owning this great system relatively cheap.  I currently own all of the colors I like and I brought two matching colors to get a manicure 10 days ago.  True, manicures seem to last longer when done by a professional, but come on!  10 days!  That's awesome.  And the best part, my nails are just as strong as when the polish went on, unlike when I get shellac mani's.  It comes of with ease to boot.  Search those Sunday circulars this week because I'll bet one of your local drug stores or chain stores will have a sale on these wonderful products.  P.S. Don't forget to apply two coats of each product, allowing drying time between coats or else it will not turn out correctly and it will bubble.

No comments: