Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review- Browhaus Brow and Eyelash Bar SOHO, NYC



I have found a new (open 3 months) beauty spot in Soho that is out of this world!  It's actually two places in one venue, Browhaus for brows and lashes and Strip Ministry of Waxing and IPL hair removal. I've reviewed Strip in another review.



The venue is impeccably clean, welcoming and professional looking.  The staff is friendly and all of the technicians are sent to Singapore (where the chain is based) for four weeks or more for training.  Usually one has no idea what kind of training someone threading their eyebrows has, here you feel reassured.


I opted to get my woolly eyebrows done and an eyelash perm.  There are three options for brow grooming: threading, tweezing and threading and tweezing.  I got the latter.  The threading was relatively painless and very quick.  My brows were groomed to look natural but without all the excess, which is exactly how I wanted them.  Jade, my technician, knew exactly what I meant when I told her to leave them looking natural.


I then had the brow perm. and I have to tell you, I will be going back every three months until the day I die for this service.  My eyelashes look awesome!  It's a little known fact that as we get older our eyelashes get straighter.  Not to give away my age, but mine have pretty much flat lined (they were never that curly to begin with).  This makes me look like I've done my lashes with nothing on them and really opens up my eyes.  If you have lashes that won't hold a curl, or if you want your lashes to look their best all of the time, this service is for you. I'm in love with the results.  I'll admit I was a bit hesitant to get a lash perm as I'd heard it's risky, but I was put at ease by the fact that Jade sat right by my side for the entire time it took for the perm solution to work it's magic.  If anything had gone wrong, she would be right there to fix it.  Now that's service.


I will be revisiting the Browhaus again and again because I had such a positive experience.  I'm thinking about going for an eyelash tinting so I don't have to wear mascara.  Other services they offer are eyebrow lightening/darkening and something called "brow resurrection" for people with bald patches or over-plucked brows. It's a unique tattooing technique that creates individual brow hairs one by one in a pattern suited to your face.  (See the photos above).  I can't rave enough about this place!  Ask Santa to bring you a gift certificate!  I am!

No comments: