Monday, May 26, 2008

Review - Illuminare Fantastic Finish Foundation


Fantastic Finish Foundation"Dewy" Sunscreen Mineral Makeup - SPF 21
Get your glow back with this moisturizing formula. It provides a light to medium coverage to even skin tone and texture for a soft luminous finish. Helps to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin. *May be set with a translucent face powder for a matte look. 100% oil-free. .5oz (15ml)
I am one of those who truly believe in the concept of mineral makeup and over the past four years have tried, no word of a lie, at least 25 brands -- all loose powder types. With many, I would deem them HG status only to have my skin dry out and look parched and quite frankly, old --so I'd go back to a liquid until I'd read about new MMUs on the market that were supposed to address those with dry skin, so I'd try it, only once again to have crepey dry skin.....enter Illuminare....a liquid MMU foundation that not only applies like a dream, but it lasssstttttsssss all day on me but doesn't feel mask-y or cake-y and best yet - it doesn't dry out my skin. It also has the SPF factor which is always a bonus, especially now that the warm weather is here and glorious sunshine. You can try before you buy with their generous sampling program - I use the Fantastic Finish for my dry skin, but they do have other formulas as well - caveats? The color choices are very, very limited. I lucked out with Florentine Fair in that it matches my skintone perfectly. In my sample package, I received all four foundation shades in two formulas (Fantastic Finish and Extra Coverage), a complete sampling of ALL of their lip products (Gloss and regular -- to be reviewed in a later blog), their soft as all get out makeup applicator, a concealer brush, and a sample of their blush for $34.99. I still am using the sample nearly two weeks later (you need very little). The Fantastic Finish offers a nice dewy-ish finish that I adore. So far, I'm in love....

No comments: