Sunday, May 25, 2008

Review - Ballmania Lip Balm


Premium lip balm in a shape that's really easy to find in the bottom of a bag. Keeps lips healthy and moisturized with aloe vera, shea butter, and Vitamins A, C, D3 and E. Contains SPF 20.


I wouldn't care if this lip balm smelled like garbage, look how cute the container is!!!! It's perfect for rolling around in the bottom of my purse without popping open or collecting gross fuzz, and it's cute cute cute. The good news is, it's cheap (around $5) and is actually really great lip balm without weird scary ingredients (I read somewhere that some medicated lip balms contain LEAD, and ever since that I have been a lip balm ingredient hound) annnnd it is SPF 20 which is great sun protection. For $5 it's a cute little gift for someone, or for yourself. I totally love it.

Deedlejuse says:

I agree with Amanda that this is very nice lip balm. It feels awesome on your lips and I even loved the shine it gave. SPF 20 is awesome for lip balm, so that is another plus. At first I admit I could not take this little ball seriously, I mean it sort of looks like a mushroom or something, but it really was very convenient. There are very few things in my bag that are shaped like that so it was easy to locate. It closes very tightly and there is no chance of the top popping off, so I was never worried about sticky gloss getting everywhere. I would definitely give this as a gift, and I will keep mine handy in my bag, what an interesting idea, very clever!

Hillary says:

I love the convenience of this lip balm! My purse is so vast that I had to buy a purse organizer to wrangle all of my junk. I usually have at least 5 lipsticks/ lip balms on me at a time, so the shape of this lip balm, for me, is cause for celebration. It's a good lip balm, very hydrating and it stays on forever. As an added bonus, it tastes delicious. I'm not sure what it tastes like, but it's some kind of candy. Anyone that reads my posts knows that I am a stickler for sunscreen. I have to be honest, this lip balm offers the bare minimum of UVA protection even though it says SPF 20. I'm not so worried about the lack of protection as I never see daylight without lipstick on, but this is not for a day at the beach. For all other times I find it handy and effective.

CitySlicker Says:

I had a very different reaction to the Ballmania. I found that minutes after applying my lips felt like they were burning and irritated. I loved the sweet taste and light shine I got.. I couldn't keep it on my lips.. They literally looked like I was getting a red ring around my mouth. I couldn't risk it so I wiped it off. I thought it was a fluke but I have attempted to put it on about 10 times. I think the formula just isn't for me.. I am so in love with the packaging that I wanted to force my lips to love it but I have had no luck.. I am sorry but if I am going to stay true to myself, I want to share my thoughts. I also want to mention that the taste is a light sweet vanilla. I think it's dream but am totally bummed that I can't wear it.. I mean I am down in the dumps. My ballmania is mauve covered in handbags, lipsticks, shoes and jewelry I love it.. I am thinking since this didn't work out for me then I should look into their ball sachets..

Joyce says:

I love it! I love the feel, the way it smells, how much smoother and fuller my lips look, and the absolutely adorable decorative ball it’s in. I love a dual-purpose product─meaning, not just the lip balm but the container I intend to use for whatever once I use every last bit of the balm.

Sheba says:

I have been using one of these for about a month off and on. They are different - packaged as soccer, basket, baseballs, etc. Yes, the packaging is unique and clever, especially if you are into the packaging. The main thing is the balm and it is very good. It goes on very smoothly and has staying power, even for someone who constantly licks her lips. The flavor is NOT overpowering. I would say this is up there with my favorites. . . however, you do need to order a six pack. They are not very expensive but I am not really used to buying lip balms in quantity -- unless they are on sale. All in all I would say I am very happy with this lip balm.

No comments: