Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Hibba NYC Hair Removal Salon


Hibba NYC
(Hair Removal Salon)
448 West Broadway
(between Prince and West Houston)
2nd Floor
New York, NY
212.260.4321

Hibba NYC is a quaint, unassuming little salon in the heart of SOHO.  You would never guess by it's posh address just how relaxed and inviting this parlor of hair removal could be.  Hibba is not only the salon's name, but the owner's as well.  In no time at all she whisked me to a chair to thread my eyebrows ($15 or $20 with Hibba herself).  She quickly and deftly took care of my overgrown brows, not removing too much, just what was needed.  The entire procedure took about 10 minutes and after I had movie star brows.  They are growing back in now and the shape Hibba gave them is so natural that tweezing them is a breeze.  I will definitely be going back to Hibba monthly for a tune up, though.
I also received a half leg wax ($55) by Hibba.  She directed me to one of the small waxing "rooms" where she gave me an absolutely painless and thorough waxing.  She is a total waxing perfectionist, going over your leg with threading to get any strays.  She's been doing this since she was 13 years old and it certainly shows.  The only downside of my visit is that knees are not included in a 1/2 leg wax.  I'm assuming it is available for an additional fee, but I'm not sure.  With only that one drawback, I recommend a visit to Hibba NYC if for nothing else than to get $20 brows that look like a million!

1 comment:

jashan said...

I highly recommend this place
Threading ny,Threading nyc, Waxing nyc, Brazilian Waxing nyc,
bikini waxing nyc, sugaring nyc, eyebrow threading nyc, body waxing nyc