Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM

Ordinary moisturizing lotions need to be applied frequently because the ingredients are released in a single “burst” and absorbed in a short period of time. Like all CeraVe® Skin Care products, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM offers the benefits of unique, patented MVE® delivery technology, which provides a controlled release of essential ceramides and other skin-nourishing and protective ingredients slowly over time. It penetrates deep into the skin to moisturize and nourish skin throughout the day while “locking in” precious moisture. The unique ingredients in CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM help restore and maintain the natural protective function of the skin barrier, help restore damaged skin, and help keep skin healthy…all night long!


It probably won't surprise you that this lotion is ALSO one of my current favorites. It's everything I ever wanted in a nighttime moisturizer. It doesn't break me out, or make me feel greasy but it is strong enough to contend with my Tazorac (think strong Retin-A) and keep my skin from peeling off like dead leaves from a maple. The time-released factor really helps keep my skin hydrated through until the morning. It's a unique quality that really helps considering most moisturizers are done as soon as they rub against your pillowcase. My skin has not looked this good in a long time and again, this is happening with a $12 price tag. Be sure to read my review of Cerave AM Lotion because the two together make an awesome duo.

Trish says: Totally agree on what Hillary said above! I too so love this PM moisturizer that I use it affectionately and delicately, because it really does work and absorbs so gently into the skin, nourishing every bit of it while working its moisturizing magic. Usually, I skip nighttime moisturizers because my pores clog easily and for anyone who has combination skin knows how tricky it can be - super dry in areas that beg for the extra moisture, yet oily areas that can't bear it. With CeraVe's PM Lotion, my skin thoroughly drank up the moisturizing lotion without the heaviness of clogged pores the next morning. Used in combination with the facial cleanser, I noticed a quick turnaround with my skin - it was glowing and soft and so much more youthful looking, I can't praise this CeraVe Facial Moisturizer Lotion PM enough!

No comments: