Thursday, September 17, 2009

Review- Cosmedicine Speedy Recovery Daytime Blemish Lotion

"Speedy Recovery Acne Treatment is a fast acting, pH balanced acne-fighting lotion with SPF 15 UVA/UVB protection. Our Speedy Recovery daytime blemish acne treatment eliminates excess oil and debris with proprietary oil-stopping complexes and micro-fine granules. Speedy Recover Daytime Treatment, for no BS results. This fast-acting treatment lotion with UVA/UVB sunscreens not only works all day to fight breakouts and eliminate acne symptoms, but actually leaves your skin in healthier and better condition than before your acne problem began." $40 for 2 fl. oz.

I have always wondered why it seemed that companies thought that acne only came out at night? I can count on one hand the number of daytime treatments for acne I know of. And of those treatments, most are spot treatments, not an overall product to keep your skin clear. Not only does this cream treat acne all day, it doesn't irritate your skin. True I do experience some extra dryness when I'm using it, but it's nothing a strong moisturizer won't take care of and it's only in the major culprit areas- the creases going from my mouth down my chin and around my nose. I mainly use this product during the time I have PMS, because that's mainly when I break out. I have to say, my breakouts have been seriously reduced since I've been using this cream. Plus the fact that it's got my beloved SPF. I recommend this product for anyone w/ moderate acne, especially since I apply it once a day, but the instructions say to apply it up to 3 times a day, in other words, you can tailor it to your level of acne. It's very light and sits well under makeup, so there's no complaints there. This is the perfect solution for those of us for whom nighttime treatment of acne just isn't enough. With this you can be fighting zits 24 hours a day!

Movie Maven says: I found this product to be a great companion to a more intense nighttime treatment for blemished skin. Because my skin tends to be less dry, I didn't experience any problems with overdrying, but I probably could have been applying it more than once a day for better results. As it was (I used it once a day), I saw some mild reduction in breakouts. I especially liked that you can couple this product with other products in the Cosmedicine line for maximum effect. Overall, this is an okay product by itself, but I suspect it reaches its maximum efficacy when used as part of the line.

No comments: