Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review- Curlisto Deep Therapy Masque


A revolutionary "8-minute Hair Repair" deep conditioning treatment for all curl types. Amino acids, vitamins and botanical extracts revitalize and condition. Rice, corn and wheat proteins work together in this Masque to rebuild the keratin inside the cortex. Consistent use promotes healthy and frizz-free hair. $32 for 4 oz.

I've always loved a hair mask and frankly I do not have enough of them in my life. I generally only indulge post-color at the salon. Curlisto offers up a really precious hair repair here. I left it on for the full 8 minutes it suggested for "longer hair" (shorter hair is 3-5 minutes). What I came away with was extremely soft strands and major manageability. As I remarked in a previous post for this product line, they apparently crafted something to give one's hair bounce no matter what the styling method and this rich conditioner promises "frizz-free hair" and that's exactly what I got.

Malikah says: As a woman with naturally coarse and EXTREMELY dry hair, I found this hair mask to be an absolute savior. My hair really takes on a lot of abuse, including chemical relaxers and heat styling, so I do try to deep condition it weekly. I left this rich hair mask on for 8 minutes as well, even though I have shorter hair. My hair really was miraculously soft, smooth, and shiny, after just one treatment. My style even stayed smooth and bouncy through today's gross 90+ degree heat!

Sultana says: I concur!!! This is good for dry, frizzy hair. Frankly, I think this masque can work with any hair texture. I am a big fan of Curlisto now. I absolutely love the way they customize a plan for your particular hair type. They literally write a "Prescription" for you locks!!! How great is that??? This makes you feel confident that you can maintain any look you want no matter what kind of hair you have.

Hillary says: I feel like the odd man out on this one. The directions say to wash, condition and then use this masque. I thought it must have been written wrong. When do you condition before a mask? I'm going to have to write more of this review when I try it with those steps, because when I used it without conditioning first, it left my hair tangled and unmanageable. I'm going to try it again and get back to you. But frankly, it's already got a strike against it as I'm not a big fan of extra steps. Check back soon for my review where I actually follow the directions!

Deedlejuse Says: I always have trouble with my super long, processed, blond hair. If you have processed blond you know what I'm talking about. It's THIRSTY! I have to say, please do as Hillary recommends and DO NOT forgo conditioning! It does not end well.... But, if you do condition before hand you will see brilliant results, and some really lovely hair! Hair masks are, I agree with Josephine, a favorite, if unfortunately lacking, part of my beauty routine. I really did like the one from Curlisto. I have to say one of the best parts of this line, for me, is that they are quality, without the super-scented-ness of some other brands. They err on the lighter side, which I love. So, yeah, I would say all in all I loved this mask. I didn't find it to leave any build-up, but it did make my hair flounce beautifully, and completely manageable!

Trish Says: I'm another fan here! By now, you may or may not know that my hair can best be described as perhaps moody - where it likes some products and just plainly rejects others. Having fine and delicate hair, I usually stay away from most deep conditioners or masks, because often, after all that is said and done, it just makes my hair heavier in the end. Even more so, I usually have to be selective about what I can and can't use on my hair. No worries here though, this Curlisto Masque delivered top results. Instead of flat and lifeless hair, I got soft and frizz-free locks that were light, bouncy and manageable! I know, I know, I'm surprised too. My hair actually looked and performed better than its normal best day and I didn't have to work that hard to make it happen. This is definitely going to be a part of my hair-care routine. The 8-minute conditioning was time well spent and the results were stellar even for me!


No comments: