Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review - Softlips Pure Hydrating Lip Butter

Softlips Pure 100 Percent Natural Lip Butter contains no preservatives, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil or gluten. Hydrating shea butter and beeswax provide soothing relief for very dry lips. Also contains SPF 15 protection.

First of all, Softlips, does your website REALLY need to be some sort of Flash bonanza? People just want to learn about lip balm, not be hypnotized by rotating lip balms. It's too much.

Second, I did not actually try this product. Sometimes, a girl has a lot of Softlips products, and one day, her boss is like, "oh man, my lips are DRY," and she gives her boss one of the Softlips products with the stipulation that said boss will try the product and report back to her. Which is what my boss did.

"It smells really good, and it tastes good too, but not too good," she said. "You know how sometimes, you really like how your lip stuff tastes, and then you lick it all off, and then your lips are just as bad off as before? This one doesn't do that. So that was good."

I told her I knew a girl in high school who liked to eat chapstick. Like, straight-up EAT it, out of the little pots it came in. Gross! Then I asked her if there was anything she didn't like.

"It has sunscreen in it, which is good, but I feel like it's just sort of sitting on top of my lips and not getting absorbed in, you know? Like it's coating them but it's not treating them, if that makes sense."

I think it makes perfect sense.

No comments: