Friday, October 15, 2010

Review- Privé Salon NYC


First of all I want to say that Privé Salon is gorgeous! The picture doesn't do it justice; it looks very classy and clean. Also, from the second you walk in, the staff is super-attentive. Third, and this is a big one, they are eco-friendly! How much do I love that?

The salon is attached to the Soho Grand Hotel (which also looks very swank). I was greeted very promptly by the receptionist who took my Privé Rejuvenating Shampoo and Conditioner bottles to be recycled. They are still undefeated as my absolute favorite shampoo and conditioner. The receptionist walked me back to meet my hairdresser, Brittany, and I knew by her haicut I was in for a good haircut myself. Brittany & I discussed what to do with my hair; I was clueless, but she knew exactly what I needed. She cheerfully chatted with me during the shampoo and haircut- a must for me- all the while giving my long layers the care they so desperately needed. Even when I did my hair at home days later, I didn't see any split ends sticking out (which is hard to achieve with layers). Brittany cut my bangs with the skill of a surgeon, taking off a little at a time until they were just the right length. Overall I am more than happy with the haircut and the whole salon experience.

Note: Brittany works two weeks in NYC, then two in Miami Beach at Privé, then back again.

Melissa says: I saw a picture of Hillary and was like, "who did her hair?" It looks amazing! The first thing I thought is that I must find out where she went because I'm sold. With Hillary's new look and this review, I must make my way to
Privé!

No comments: