Sunday, July 31, 2011

Review - Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm

It’s a lip revelation! On one side of this innovative, two-in-one product: a feather-resistant stain that won’t budge for 8 hours. On the other: a very emollient balm that can be worn alone or over the stain for a lustrous touch. The vibrant tint of color is designed to mimic the look of photo gels on set in our studios. $23

I LOVE Smashbox! I am so glad they made a lip stain! In case you didn't know, lip stains are huge right now. I am all about trends and this is one trend I am loving. I have this in Sangria. A deep, rich burgundy color that makes your lips pop. This color is what I call classic. Everyone should have a shade like this for sexy nights out on the town.

Let me tell you, the staying power on this stuff is no joke. It stayed on practically all day. This is a product that set out to do something and delivered.

As you can see, one end of the product is the stain and the other is the matching balm. This is the first of all lip stains that I have seen with the balm being the same color. I absolutely love it.

Apply the color, let it dry and then apply the balm as necessary throughout the day. You will find that you don't need too many touch ups.

PS the Sangria is out of stock right now -Its THAT popular! And ladies, the price is a bit steep but with Smashbox you are paying for quality cosmetics that will last a long time. I would definitely spend money on this!

Trish says: There are some Smashbox products that go above and beyond and this Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal does it for me. I tried it in "Nude," which is odd because if I want a lip stain why would I want it in Nude? Well, all I can say is that the Nude tint looked so soft and natural on and you're basically wearing something almost all day long without looking like you're trying! Pretty chic for the make-under, I'm gorgeous au naturel look. However, as I am not, I also used it under and over my everyday lipstick (because I do like color) and my lips looked so much better than ever. Whether or not it was the intended, this lipstain sure does work and is overall pleasing that now I'm totally hooked on another Smashbox product I'm sure I will buy again and again. Even if it's in the Nude!

Melissa says: I tried the lipstain in cinnamon and I think I found my color! It goes on easy and is truly a rich shade. It fits with my complexion and gives a nice, sophisticated look. I'm usually on the fence with lipstains, but I'm thrilled with this because it looks good and feels nice on too. I've been wearing it for a few hours, and my lips have maintained the color. I've also had a drink and a cupcake too so this is impressive! As I transition into deeper looks for Fall, this is something I will incorporate for certain.

No comments: